29915All leagues SPOILERS

  • rumblefish1972
    9 Jan
      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

      MLB1: Although the Cards currently hold the best record in MLB1 I think quality on this team is spread too thinly for us to be much of a threat. Can't really see past the Orioles and Yankees as far as winning the WS goes.

      MLB2: An increasingly disappointing season for the Rockies. I knew the pitching wasn't good enough and I'm no longer sure the batting is either. Tweaking via free agency hasn't really done much and as usual for me in MLB2 trying to get anywhere with trades is a dead end. We'll make the playoffs easily enough but with masses of potential the focus should probably switch to next season.

      MLB3: Although we currently lie second to the Royals in the AL Central I'm not unhappy with the Twins' season so far. We lost Swarzak but signed Burnett, lost a starting OF but added an extra excellent OF prospect. We should be well in the hunt when the FA juggling is done with but having signed Ian Kinsler the Marlins look the strongest team overall this season.

      MLB4: There was no way the Tigers could afford to keep both Curtis Granderson and Dusty Ryan, but now we've lost the latter we shouldn't need to ditch anyone else of importance. Indeed having seen Hughes go elsewhere too we are uncharacteristically flush with LPs. With us leading the majors and most of the best FAs now off the table I may actually invest that money sensibly.

      MLB5: The MLB5 Reds are now my worst team by some distance. They'll make the playoffs easily because of the paucity of managed teams, but even with 23 unmanaged teams to play against they wouldn't be any less shit.

      MLB6: 134-28 and leading the majors in every meaningful statistical category in regular season; 7-0 with a 1.29 ERA, .313 Bavg, and 1.000 Fld% so far in the playoffs. Absolutely nailed on we'll lose the WS.

      MLB7: This ought to be a boring league as the gap between the good teams and the rest is beyond silly, but I have quite enjoyed swapping stars for prospects and back again. Overall I think we made 14 successful FA bids his season. Although 122 wins is in fact nowhere near the totals of the Braves and Padres, with 11 WC skills across the team we ought to be as good as anyone when actually at full strength, but we have so rarely been at full strength who knows. Good luck to all the other playoff teams.

      MLB8: The D'backs are setting a ferocious pace in the NL West and as we could scarcely do any worse in the playoffs as a Wild Card than we usually do as division winners maybe it won't be a bad thing for the Dodgers if they stay in front.

      MLB21: The Angels are doing rather better than expected, albeit thanks almost exclusively to our pitching. With beginners luck running out in Boston we will probably get HFA in the ALDS, but almost everything is still up for grabs in the NL.

      Patrick
    • Show all 35 messages in this topic