29918Re:: Re: All leagues SPOILERS

  • k157tdf
    11 Jan
      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

      MLB1: The Indians press their claim to be considered serious contenders having signed Pierzynski, although it is a while since anyone other than the Orioles, Yankees or Rangers made the WS.

      MLB2: Yankees - My official plan for this team reads "nothing needs improving". While that may be an accurate short-term assessment it will never be entirely accurate while they under perform in the playoffs.

      MLB3: Patrick wrote - "having signed Ian Kinsler the Marlins look the strongest team overall this season."
      Agreed, but they did release Uggla and the advantage over the Diamondbacks remains tiny until they re-sign him.

      MLB4: Still clinging onto the tails of the stronger teams around us, we're in a battle with the White Sox, or Indians to make the play-offs. Maybe we should try to defend the Continental title ?

      MLB6: Patrick wrote - "134-28 and leading the majors in every meaningful statistical category in regular season; 7-0 with a 1.29 ERA, .313 Bavg, and 1.000 Fld% so far in the playoffs. Absolutely nailed on we'll lose the WS."
      Looks like Patrick is looking forward to playing us in the WS ;) I note with interest the experiment to play Tony Davis in his starting rotation. The 7 match series with the White Sox was intense - five games decided by a single run, and the other two games saw a washout apiece. Commiserations Rob.

      MLB7: Troy wrote - "So the Braves win 12 straight to steal" home field advantage from me on runs difference". We went 37-3 over the last 40 games. The good news for Troy is that the -3 represents a sweep by the Padres. Having lost the first two games this week the Padres scored over 100 runs in 7 games in their attempt to claw back the run differential.

      MLB8: Patrick wrote - "The D'backs are setting a ferocious pace in the NL West". All Richard's teams are doing rather well, I believe. I think we need a roundup from him.

      MLB21: We lost Donald Veal to the Diamondbacks which has surprised us. In the AL it is not apparent whether the Central or West will provide the wildcard from the 4 teams in that battle. In turn, the slump by the Red Sox means it is equally uncertain what a "good draw" might be. Not that we ever deliberately aim for second place.

      Marc