30337Re: [Gameplan Baseball] Re:: All leagues SPOILERS

  • Darren Halford
    13 Sep
      MLB 1 Rangers 32-22
      A poor week in Texas saw the Rangers struggle to a 3-6 record against some of the weaker teams in the league.
      With the Mariners going 8-1,the division race promises to be a topsy turvey one with the Rangers currently holding a two game lead.
      The only upside was the extra LP's generated which kept the balance in the black for another week at least.
      MLB 5 Indians
      The Indians shocked everyone in the draft by selecting number 66 Bradley Zimmer,the only centre fielder available.
      On the field,a 3-2 national series win over the Angels saw the Indians move onto play the White Sox for a place in the national series final.
      MLB 6 Red Sox 78-57
      The Red Sox could clinch the AL East next week to give me my first division title,a 22 game lead over the Blue Jays with just 27 to play after going 5-4 this week.
      The signing of Abraham Almonte improved the depth at left field going into the post season.
      Boston are hoping to make another signing next week.
      MLB 8 Brewers 4-14
      A worse start than last year(5-13) in Milwaukee,after winning the opening two games against Pittsburgh,the Brewers lost seven on the bounce to prop up the NL Central.
      Jose Samayoa was signed to replace Fernando Rincon to hopefully improve the bullpen.
      Milwaukee will be hoping to make another signing this week as well.
      MLB 21 Ray's 39-24
      Tampa Bay kept in touch with the Angels going 7-2 this week,three games behind in the division and three games ahead of the Royals for the wild card.
      Week eight will be a true test with series against the Angels and Red Sox,with the always tricky Twins in between.
      Darren

      Sent from my iPad

      > On 12 Sep 2017, at 13:51, k157tdf@... [gameplanbaseball] <gameplanbaseball@...> wrote:
      >
      > MLB1 - 35-19 week 6
      > With Nick Swisher on the FA list and an injury to Danny Lee, young third baseman Miguel Andujar got to see some game time. All was going well until G9 when a couple of errors in the third inning contributed towards 7 unearned runs in a thrashing by the White Sox.
      > The Orioles opened a small gap with an 8-1 week, and they in turn saw the Indians pass them with a fairly routine 9-0.
      >

      > MLB2 - 39-15 week 6
      > Back to winning ways for the Yankees, and with the Rangers slipping up we find ourselves atop the AL.
      > 10 batters are slugging at over .500 - 12 if you count the pair on the FA list. So the chopping and changing doesn't seem to be harming the performances.
      >

      > MLB4 - 14-4 week 2
      > I'm still looking to drop one (or two) of the teams in this week, and the naturally the Rangers have least personal attachment for me.
      > They could be free in three turns if anyone wants to take over a team on the cusp of challenging for the title - you'll have to get through Troy and Patrick to do so.
      >

      > MLB7 - 80-37 week 13
      > Patrick wrote:
      > >The Pirates didn't take long to spend the Brad Lincoln money - But the key question might be whether or not we have left our starting pitching a bit short.
      > That was kind of the intention when we signed Lincoln, whether you signed Conrad or not. However I don't think we'll catch you over the remaining weeks, something is not quite right with the team.
      > We're going to improve our trainer to try to establish some continuity and cut out the big injuries.
      >

      > MLB21 - 44-19 week 7
      > AL is getting a little interesting now, with the Rays and Royals slowly creeping up. Six wins a week should be enough for us, but we won't want to drop too far below that mark.
      > With the strength of the NL Central collapsing the only concern for the Pirates is within the clubhouse. The signing of Miller from the Brewers has sparked considerable unrest that may continue for quite some time if not addressed.
      >

      > Marc

    »
    «