30347Re:: MLB 5 EOS

  • jgick72
    28 Sep
      That looks pretty good to me, though not outlandishly so, given the relative youth and potential of your squad.

      The Marlins meanwhile got absolutely stiffed! (... or more realistically, we were a bit unlucky!) I'd been expecting our old codgers to take a bit of damage, but our younger players didn't fare that well either. Eovaldi managed something I've never seen before - burning 2 points of potential for a skill loss and no gains! It's not necessarily a fatal blow, but his status as "future ace in the Marlins' pack" is starting to look very shaky, particularly with Conley going in the other direction (2 levels up for just 1 pot).

      That being said, this remains a great squad and, even allowing for the annual wagebill trimming, I expect us to be major contenders again. The Mets and Reds again look like our strongest competition, but it'll be interesting to see how the Padres go in Harry Allen's first full season. They made some great additions through free agency last year and if they continue in that vein, could well give the D'backs a run for their money in the NL West for the first time in about a decade.

      Jon