MLB 1 and 21

  • dgwhalford@icloud.com
    Message 1 of 5 , 22 Apr
      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
      MLB 1
      A disappointing end to the season in Texas,as the Rangers slumped to a 2-7 week to miss out on the division title as the Seattle Mariners went 5-4 to wrap up the division by four games.
      Will be hoping a full season in charge next time out will see the Rangers challenge the Mariners again.
      Al the best to all play off bound teams.

      MLB 21
      In Tampa Bay the dream is over as the Rays went down 3-1 to the Brewers in the first round of the play offs.
      I don't think it would made much of a difference,but the Rays were hoping to have Crespo pitch games one and four,due to fatigue though he wasn't available until game three,which he won.
      A lesson to be learned there I think,should have rested him for week 18 as wild card spot was already pretty much a certainty.

    • k157tdf
      Message 2 of 5 , 24 Apr
        spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers

        Commiserations Darren. On a different day you would have taken advantage of a rather subdued Brewers performance in the two opening games.
        The AL now has two extremely competitive divisions and your task will be to try to cement a regular place in the play-offs.

        I hope Bianchi and Gallardo do well for your team.
        Crespo vs Cruz would have been a good matchup - tinkering the pitching lineup in Weeks 17 and 18 is something you learn to do, assuming you have the luxury. Mainly entails keeping your ace starters out of game #9, and possibly game #8 if you pitch them hard. You do get an extra days rest in the DS week, which removes some of the urgency.

        Elsewhere the Angels managed to shutdown the Red Sox batting, so it is a Angels v Brewers ALCS.
        In the NL there were whitewashes for both the higher seeded teams with the Dodgers smothering the Astros and the Phillies crushing the Diamondbacks.

        Marc

      • dgwhalford@icloud.com
        Message 3 of 5 , 23 Aug
          SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPPILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILSE SOOERS SPPILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOIELERS SPOIELRS
          MLB 1 Texas Rangers 29-16
          The Rangers lead the Mariners by 7 games after week five,a 5-4 week included a remarkable comeback by the Rangers at home to the Astros in the third series of the week.
          In the opening game the Astros lead 10-0 after 4 innings but the Rangers came back to win it 12-11 and went on to sweep the series.
          Financially,the outgoings are catching up with the income and a negative balance will have to be dealt with possibly next turn.

          MLB 21 Tampa Bay Ray's 32-22
          Just as the Rays are in striking distance of the Angels,Patrick pulls out a 9-0 week to extend their lead in the division to 5 games.
          The Rays themselves had a 6-3 week,the Brewers giving out an 11-1 thrashing in game two of the middle series,but a sweep of the Blue Jays improved the picture in the final series of the week.
          Still early days,but it looks a familiar picture in the AL at the moment with the Red Sox,Brewers and Angels leading the divisions and the Rays holding the wild card berth by three games from the Royals.

        • k157tdf
          Message 4 of 5 , 25 Aug
            MLB21 You must be pleased with the CG shutout by Gallardo (a Brewer in his formative years) ?
            That is, what, 5 CG on the trot now, and looking very much the Ace.

            Some kind of trigger point must have been reached - there is a deluge of top class pitching on the FA list.
            There's also a handful of top batters, so perhaps the Mets will be able to make 2 or 3 top class signings.
            Good luck to Joseph Grillis if he should stumble upon this group.

            You see this mutual kind of behaviour on the FA list from time to time, safety in numbers and all that.
            There is a similar thing in MLB2 at the moment with batters.

            Re: Patrick's Angels going 9-0.
            His Cardinals in MLB1 also went 9-0, so he might actually rate them as useful for the time being.

            Marc

          • Darren Halford
            Message 5 of 5 , 26 Aug
              I think he was my first major free agent signing when I took over the Rays,there is a definite improvement from last season as well as it it stands.

              Sent from my iPad