MLB 5 World Series SPOILERS

  • danny_slavin_uk
    Message 1 of 2 , 26 Sep
      SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERS

      Congratulations to the Marlins, and commiserations to the Mariners.

      A great season for the Marlins, who have been a class act virtually throughout, culminating in a 4-2 series win. A similarly superb season from the Mariners, who must be gutted to fall at the final hurdle.

      Well played, Jon!

    • jgick72
      Message 2 of 2 , 28 Sep
        SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERSSPOILERS

        Cheers Danny. Absolutely delighted to add a 2nd title in MLB5. I'll add my commiserations to Ian and to you as well after we beat you in the CS. You must be pretty pleased with a solid debut season though. Admittedly you inherited a quality squad, but they needed a fairly urgent financial overhaul to stave off bankruptcy - under those circumstances, I think it would've been fairly easy for the wheels to have fallen off, but the Mets remain one of the most dangerous contenders in the league. I look forward to doing battle with you again next season!

        The World Series started in very similar manner to the NLCS, with the Marlins giving up early runs and losing the opener by a worrying margin in front of their home crowd before settling the nerves right back down by whalloping their opponents in Game 2. It was relatively plain sailing from then on and the final victory felt well-deserved.

        Our pitchers tried their best to keep the runs down (with varying degrees of success!), but really it was all about the batting. Josh Anderson was undisputed WS MVP, hitting a fantastic 15 from 28 and 7 homers, but our batting was magnificent throughout the play-offs, with Jeremy Hermida & Gaby Sanchez joining Anderson in going over .400 for the post-season and 3 others well over .300. We hit a total of 32 HRs over the 16 games, pretty good going considering only 6 of them were played in Small stadiums.

        Jon
        MLB5 Marlins