MLB 5 EOS

  • danny_slavin_uk
    Message 1 of 2 , 27 Sep
      I'm still relatively new to this, so I don't know if I have fared well or badly.

      Levels

      Up 7
      Down 1 (a season form 33 player!)

      Skills

      Up 19
      Down 6

      Further to previous post on here I can't see much in the way of correlation between training and skill changes. I am operating from a small sample, and not actually doing any proper statistical analysis, admittedly.

      Wages

      Up 23

      Provisionally, I think I have probably done OK out of that, although the level gains have generally been lower level players.

      How has everyone else done?

      Dan

    • jgick72
      Message 2 of 2 , 28 Sep
        That looks pretty good to me, though not outlandishly so, given the relative youth and potential of your squad.

        The Marlins meanwhile got absolutely stiffed! (... or more realistically, we were a bit unlucky!) I'd been expecting our old codgers to take a bit of damage, but our younger players didn't fare that well either. Eovaldi managed something I've never seen before - burning 2 points of potential for a skill loss and no gains! It's not necessarily a fatal blow, but his status as "future ace in the Marlins' pack" is starting to look very shaky, particularly with Conley going in the other direction (2 levels up for just 1 pot).

        That being said, this remains a great squad and, even allowing for the annual wagebill trimming, I expect us to be major contenders again. The Mets and Reds again look like our strongest competition, but it'll be interesting to see how the Padres go in Harry Allen's first full season. They made some great additions through free agency last year and if they continue in that vein, could well give the D'backs a run for their money in the NL West for the first time in about a decade.

        Jon