Reserve & draft squads - Week 16 to 18

  • danny_slavin_uk
    Message 1 of 2 , 7 Oct 02:11
      Am I correct in thinking that players on the reserve squad do not accumulate form from week 16 onwards?

      I presume that this is because they can be selected to play even though they are not technically on the active roster.

      Do players on the draft squad still accumulate form from week 16 onwards?

      I believe that ADDFORM is less effective on a reserve player. Is this still true for weeks 15 to 18, or if you want to ADDFORM a reserve player would it be best to activate him for a few weeks?

      Thanks in advance.

      Dan

    • k157tdf
      Message 2 of 2 , 9 Oct 10:33
        Yes, you are correct. Yes, it is. It is also a game balance thing to reduce the effectiveness of using the reserve and draft squads (and presumably also as a disincentive to using ceretain strategies at that time of the season that would benefit from having an easily available, significant form boost).
        It also applies to the draft squad so, No, draft squad players do not accumulate form after week 15 either.

        I think we should clarify what is meant by "less effective on a reserve squad player". I know the rulebook says it is much less effective for players on the reserve squad, but that in turn is intertwined with how Addform works, rather than any inherent handicap between the two situations.
        "The increase in weekly form is ... more effective in offsetting poor current form rather than boosting good current form."
        So a player on the reserve squad benefitting often from generous allocations of +ve form is going to be one of the weaker scenarios to use Addform on over the course of a season (you might even struggle to know if the Addform produced any allocation of form at all).
        Obviously this stops after week 16 when reserve squad form is no longer dished out.

        In terms of a specific player for this specific week (assumed to be MLB7 week 16). The Addform will be best value on a player with zero (or less) current form that you aren't going to play, or a player that you intend to play that suffers a bad week 16 (so it acts like insurance).

        Marc