Katy Andrews Request

  • games_martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2006
      I am passing on this message from Katy Andrews at her request

      Martin Slavin

      "Please also note that the AGM [of the New Lammas Lands Defence
      Committee] will be briefly held atthe start of our November meeting.
      There will be no presentation or speaker, as by that time the LDA's
      application to compulsorily purchase Marsh Lane Playing Fields as
      exchange land for the Olympics will have been received by the Borough
      of Waltham, Forest and we will need time to plan our response, which
      will have to be very rapid (and will hopefully include a public
      meeting of some sort, possibly leading to a protest or demonstration
      if that is the feeling of the meeting).

      Several people, including those not usually in the NLLDC loop, have
      been asking for the SLVF or some such similar lower Lea valley
      umbrella group to be organised again, to produce a more co-ordinated
      community response to the threats of inappropriate development, the
      Olympic Games nad their immediate environmental threat and the impacts
      of the CTRL, the immense "Stratford City" plans, and possibly also
      flooding and the Prescottville-under-Sea Thames Gateway developments.
      These are sub-regional matters too large to be taken on by any one
      single group and it would be useful to pool ideas and avoid singing
      from different hymn-sheets.

      Would anyone interested in helping to set up such a group (I mean
      doing some work, networking etc, not coming and sitting in a room
      talking) please contact me at katya@...."