Training based on heart rate alerts

  • irish_gator1
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      I am just trying to get into running. I purchased a Forerunner 305 so
      I could try to use my heartrate as an indicator for pace etc. I want
      to get started by alternating walking and running.

      Can anyone help me to understand how you can set up the unit so that
      as I am running, if my heartrate reaches a certain level, it will beep
      at me notifying me to walk. Once it gets to a lower level point, I'll
      know to start running again. I'd like it to continue with this until
      I am done with my session.

      If it wasn't clear,
      Start and run until heartrate reaches ~170 and the unit beeps at me
      Walk until the unit drops to about 140 and the unit beeps at me
      Run until 170, etc

      I'd appreciate the help.

      Thanks.
    • Stan Frith
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2007
        Hi

        You just need to go through the set up

        There is a section under "TRAINING" called "ALERTS"

        Here you can set both SPEED/PACE alarts and heart rate zone alerts.

        Then, when you run, make sure you START the stopwatch, it will then
        apply these thresholds and you will hear a VERY CLEAR BLEEP when you
        over / under exert.

        Hope that helps

        Regards,

        Tristan