234GoMa event Sunday 13th August

  • glasgowtangostudio
    10 Aug

      Dear Tango Dancers,

      You are welcome to join us for a unique opportunity to dance Argentine Tango in the Gallery of Modern Art Glasgow between 1-4pm this Sunday 13th August.

      We will dance the afternoon away under a barrel-vaulted coffered ceiling surrounded by the imposing Corinthian columns of Gallery 1. This impressive space is normally used only for visual arts exhibitions but for this brief moment we can fill it with mesmerising Tango magic.

      Are Ye Dancin’ Argentine Tango-event combines social dancing (1-2pm & 3-4pm) with a taster class for members of the audience taught by Glasgow Tango Studio’s teachers Sari Lievonen & Jeff Allan. They will also do a performance during the afternoon.

      Dancers with previous experience are invited to help out during the taster class partnering any singles wanting to try out some tango. A good opportunity to invite your non-tango friends to come along with you.

      Some practical issues to be aware of if you are coming along to dance.

      There are no changing facilities, so arrive wearing your wonderful outfits to dance in.

      In principle no food or drinks are allowed in the space, but we’ve asked for special permission to take drinking water

              as necessary. Provide your own water  bottle if you wish to have a sip.

      There will be a dancer dedicated area next to the sound system for you to leave your bags and coats and change your shoes.

      We'll need to keep on eye on this area collectively. As organisers we cannot guarantee 100% safety of your possessions so

      better leave valuables at home.

      You may arrive any time during the three hour event.

      Please do not apply any talk or water to the floor, we will prepare a good dance floor for you.

      Looking forward to this very special occasion at the GoMA!

      Kind regards

      Sari & Jeff

      www.glasgowtangostudio.co.uk