237Changes to Saturday Practica from this Saturday onwards

  • glasgowtangostudio
    28 Aug

      Dear All,

      From September onwards our Saturday Practica will take a new format. The changed starting and finishing times allow more social dancing offering both the practica and milonga contexts for you to choose.

      The programme for our Saturday afternoon will be a as follows:

      1.30-2.30pm Class or Workshop or Guided Practica

      2.45-3.30 Practica; music in tandas but without cortinas.

      3.30-6pm Matinee Milonga; this is a traditional milonga with music played in tandas with cortinas.

      • We encourage the use of mirada and cabaceo for the invitation to dance and the practice of leaders's cabaceo when entering the dance floor.
      • Keeping a good dance flow and applying floor-craft skills increases everyone’s enjoyment of dancing. We expect you to be knowledgeable of these skills as well and also clear the dance floor during the cortinas.
      • No practicing or helping out allowed during the milonga; the practica time is for this purpose.

      Practica & Matinee Milonga £6

      2.45 - 6pm Arrive at your preferred time and stay as long as you wish. Price include refreshments.

      Looking forward to see you at our new weekly milonga and the classes and practice prior to that.

      Best regards

      Sari & Jeff

      www.glasgowtangostudio.co.uk