242This weekend at Glasgow Tango Studio

  • glasgowtangostudio
    4 Oct

      Hi all we have lots of dancing opportunity for you this weekend :)

      We start on Friday with the El Abrazo Milonga from 8 to 11pm at the CCA in the city centre. Then the Saturday Tango Social between 1.30 and 6pm at the Scout Hall in the west end. All the details below  :)

      __

      El Abrazo Milonga

      Friday 6th October
      Dancing from 8.00 to 11pm

      DJ: Jeff with music for dancing Tango ;)
      Entry £5

      In the Clubroom the CCA 350 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3JD

      __

      Glasgow Tango Social

      Saturday 7th October

      Class , Practica,  Matinee Milonga.

      This Saturday we will have a wee bit of a Francisco Canaro theme during the Matinee Milonga. All the great dancing music you’ve come to expect but with a few more Francisco Canaro tandas from early to later periods of his orchestras.

      The afternoon starts with a class from Sari & Jeff followed by an open practica and then the matinee milonga. You can come along to any part of of the afternoon. Use the opportunity to learn with us and then practice or practice and then dance socially at the Matinee Milonga, and of course you can come and enjoy the whole afternoon too :)

      Class 1.30 - 2.30pm

      This week is the 3rd class of a short course on 'Understanding the Parallel System and the Cross System'. During these classes we’ll look at how the two systems of walking establish themselves in the tango language. Understanding them allows us to access wonderful variations with minimum effort. Once the principles are clear we will work on different levels of vocabulary depending on your tango experience.

      Practica 2.45 – 3.30pm

      Use this time to practice and work on your tango. Music here is played in tandas of four songs by the same orchestra and same period but without cortinas.

      Matinee Milonga 3.30 – 6.00pm

      An afternoon of social dancing with music from Jeff played in tandas with cortinas. We encourage the use of mirada & cabeceo for the invitation to dance and use of the leader’s cabeceo for entering the Ronda, respectful floor-craft is appreciated for everyone’s enjoyment.

      Price

      Class & Practica £9

      Practica & Matinee Milonga £6

      Class + Practica + Milonga £13

      _____

      At the Scout Hall 76 kelbourne St. Glasgow G20 8PR

      Hope to see you over the weekend

      Sari & Jeff

      Glasgow Tango Studio

      http://www.glasgowtangostudio.co.uk