Trailbuilding this Saturday, 18th April

  • Wardman, Andy
    Message 1 of 7 , 16 Apr 05:05
      Helloo,

      Apologies I couldn't make it along to the Easter Monday session.  Poor show I know!  Sorry to hear  a renegade wheelbarrow did some damage to the Glentrail taliwagon?

      Raring to go though for this Saturday - we'll be up on Zoom or Bust, doing more surfacing work and all round fettling.  Usual times 9am to 1ish, meeting at the Ranger's office.  The sun will shine and cakes will be eaten (hopefully!) and more trail kharma points bagged.

      On the Wallrides - a meeting was held on 27th March to discuss solutions on site.  Minutes and a proposal from this are still being finalised.  This will then have to be approved by head of Recreation for FC Scotland.  Once this is sorted we can make the tweaks and get the thing opened again (though riders are doing a very good job of this most weekends!!).  Sorry things aren't happening any quicker and that I can't put an exact date on the reopening.  It's pretty demoralising for the staff on the ground too!

      cheers,

      Andy

      From: andy.wardman@ forestry. gsi.gov.uk
      Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 06:41:26 +0000

      Helloo,

      After the hell of (flippin' steep) uphill wheelbarrowing a fortnight ago on the Pie Run, things will be a little more easy going this Saturday! Thanks to everyone who beasted it on the Pie Run to get that section finished - it's riding sweet!

      We'll be back on Zoom or Bust this Saturday, with the aim of doing some more surfacing work aswell as getting the final section to the start of the original trail cut. From here I think it'll take about another 5 or so sessions to finish things off. So time to start thinking about our next project too.

      The homebaking on show at the Pie Run session was exceptional, and it's inspired me to get baking this evening! rock and roll.

      We'll be meeting at 9am at the Ranger's Office, finishing up around 1pm.

      On Sunday it's the Bike Radar Demo Day at Glentress. Lots of shiny bicycles to lust after. Is anyone free on Sunday and might fancy helping me out with some marshaling? It would be pretty boring stuff, basically helping park cars

      " Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. " Download Now

      This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

      +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

      The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

      On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free
    • Latimers
      Message 2 of 7 , 16 Apr 10:48
        Glentrail taliwagon fitted with bullet proof glass and back on the road
        again!

        Sea, sand, fire and a demolished building no bother for the taliwagon,

        Steven and a wheelbarrow, knackered!

        ________________________________

        From: andy.wardman@...
        Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 06:41:26 +0000
        Subject: [glentress-trailfairies] Trailbuilding tomorrow - Sat 4th April
        and demo day on Sunday

        <http://extras.uk.msn.com/internet-explorer-8/?ocid=T010MSN07A0716U>

        This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
        Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in
        partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In
        case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
        Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
        recorded for legal purposes.

        +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and
        communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective
        operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

        The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government
        Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by
        Cable Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

        On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

        19:52:00
      • steven menmuir
        Message 3 of 7 , 16 Apr 12:34
          "Steven and a wheelbarrow, knackered!".... You can say that again, 9 hour rides in the Lakes aren't good for you especially when followed by breaking rocks by hand two days later.  Will keep my head down when it comes to breaking things in future.

          Steven (still sheepish)Menmuir.

          To: glentress-trailfairies@...

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 7 , 17 Apr 02:47
            9 hr ride in the Lakes - sounds epic!  Sorry I couldn't make it along.

            Remember once raking my dads transit van right along the side from cutting the turn into out drive too tight and getting a little too intimate with the end of the wall!  Remember feeling pretty sheepish and then some!  Not made that mistake since!

            Oh, quick update on the wallrides - a proposal on modifications has just been put to head of Rec and chief safety officer at FC.  Should hopefully hear soon what the verdict is...

            cheers,

            andy

            To: glentress-trailfair ies@yahoogroups. co.uk

            Message 5 of 7 , 17 Apr 03:00
              --- On Fri, 4/17/09, Wardman, Andy <andy.wardman@...> wrote:
              > Oh, quick update on the wallrides - a proposal on modifications has just
              > been put to head of Rec and chief safety officer at FC. Should
              > hopefully hear soon what the verdict is...

              Depending on the timescales you're meaning it may be worth stating something like this publically, to reassure the general riding population that things are happening and to produce a ballpark date for when it may re-open. You never know, it may persuade a few people to stop riding it until it does officially re-open...

              Chris
              --
              Chris Lupton
              thinkingengine@...
              Message 6 of 7 , 17 Apr 07:43
                um, no wasn't aiming to go public proper - I have to leave official press releases to the FC press office.  Was just updating the fairies since Mark asked and thought it would be of interest.  Granted anyone can read the yahoo group posts, but this is very different from say posting on Singletrack!

                Personally I think it would be a good thing to keep folk updated more frequently, officially.  Alas, i'm not the person who makes them decisions!

                andy

                thinkingengine@ yahoo.co. uk

                This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

                +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

                The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

                On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free
              • mark bennet
                Message 7 of 7 , 17 Apr 19:13
                  Nice one on the wallrides andy,so what are the planned mods? not to make it lower or tame it i hope,cos u guys got it nailed 1st time,would be criminal to ruin it!!

                  Just a heads up,i wont be able to make it to the sesh 2moro,got to work some overtime,but will defo do my best to make the next sesh. (i will be down at gt for a sesh in the afternoon if any1 is up for spooky woods and then maybe a spot of innners to round the day off?? im picking my mates new spesh sx trail up on my way home from work in the morning,so he is keen to get out and get the 1st crash out the way,lol)

                  mark.

                  To: glentress-trailfairies@...

                  To: glentress-trailfair ies@yahoogroups. co.uk

[...]

                  Get the New Internet Explore 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now