RE: [glentress-trailfairies] upcoming trailfairy sessions - Wed eve's and Sat

  • steven menmuir
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2009
      Hi folks, I won't make it tomorrow, some long overdue DIY needed in our house.  Really fancy the ride/BBQ but was wondering if anybody else would prefer a Fri night or maybe a Sat.  I know I'll be cream crackered on the Thurs or will have to leave early the night before.  Alos I was wondering if we did it on a Sat if we could do some kind of awareness/recruitment thing, we spoke about this in the past when wondering how we could get more people along.  Maybe we could combine it with the Bike Patrol.

      Steven

      To: glentress-trailfairies@...
      From: bennet69uk@...
      Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:30:15 +0000
      Subject: RE: [glentress-trailfairies] upcoming trailfairy sessions - Wed eve's and Sat

      Yeah thanks,lol. i think i did the honourable thing,but the kind intention was fast forgotten cos i was late home from work tonight and missed a tv prog we normally watch together,so she is in a huff once again! Why are girls so hard work!! i bet she wont be complaining come pay day and she spends all my overtime bonus tho,lol.

      Good luck with the magic on sat,i will be nursing a hangover on sat morn and sizing up another beer for the 2night of the stag weeknd. I will hopefully see u guys at the ride/bbq in just under 2weeks and will be there for the sat sesh next time!

      Mark

      To: glentress-trailfair ies@yahoogroups. co.uk
      From: andy.wardman@ forestry. gsi.gov.uk
      Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 09:35:36 +0100

      Mark - Good man!  Route wise, reckon it'd be good to mix things up - bit of man made stuff, best of the cheeky natural stuff ; ).  Slay it all!  Perhaps some lift assistance could be involved.

      Think you acted as the perfect gentleman by accompanying your lady for a walk up the hills.  A fine night indeed for a walk!  Any self respecting gent would do the same.

      4 brave Trailfairies sacrificed themselves to the midges last night (ok, a little over the top i know) and completed some resurfacing and drainage work at a rather innocuous spot near the start of Hit Squad Hill.  But come the next rain, the difference will be obvious!   I rambled on lots about how drainage channels are the 'unsung heroes' of the trails and proceeded to (over) sculpt one into the perfect U shape.  We'd hoped to get another bit further along the trail resurfaced but time was against us and the midges weren't letting up.  Thanks to Malcolm (now on holiday for 7 weeks, lucky bugger!), Alastair and Allan.

      Saturday, hoping to get the section on Magic Mushroom immediately after where we were working a few weekends ago, tickled and resurfaced and shaped into a nicely cambered turn.  Hope you can make it along.

      Cheers,

      Andy

      From: andy.wardman@ forestry. gsi.gov.uk
      Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:31:53 +0100

      nah, wouldn't be too cheeky at all ; ).  Everyone should come along if they fancy it/can make it, regardless of how often they can make it along to the fairy sessions.

      no word on the wallride yet, yep, would be a great shame if it were to remain closed for much longer..

      andy

      From: andy.wardman@ forestry. gsi.gov.uk
      Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 14:55:49 +0100

      Hello fellow trailfairyanistas, (just made that up..)

      Thanks to everyone who made it out last Wednesday eve for the fairy session and who stayed out till nearly 10pm!  It was a wee bit frantic getting the job completed, but Hit Squad Hill is now riding much better thanks to the collective efforts of the Trailfairies.  The main job was rebuilding a worn (potholed) outsloping dip in a fast compression into an insloped, super smooth, bermed piped dip.  The exit might need a little more material adding to it to better keep riders on the trail but it's a huge improvement over what was there before. Thanks again!

      We've got two more Wednesday eve sessions planned - this Wed, 24th June and also Wed 8th of July (I can't make Wed 1st July).  If you can make it along that'd be great.  The 8th July session will probably be the final wed eve session of the year, as i'm away on holiday for the next two wednesdays and then we're nearly into August (and less light to play with).  So methinks a cheeky ride and BBQ (rather than dig!) might be in order for the 8th.  Would folk be up for this?

      We'll also be out this Saturday, 27th June, from 9am to 1pm.  Plan is to try and complete the section we worked on, on Magic Mushroom at a recent session.

      Sorry that we're having to do maintenance work at the mo', rather than finishing Zoom or Bust or starting on a new project.  I can totally understand if you're finding it a bit frustrating.  I have a bit more space this week to crack on with the paperwork required and Zoom or Bust is top of my list.

      Fairy boots have been ordered and may well be here for the Saturday session. Cue hopefully not too many blisters!

      cheers,

      Andy

      Date: Wednesday 24 June 2009
      Time: 19:00 - 21:00
      Repeats: This event repeats every week until Wednesday 22 July 2009.
      Location: Meet at the rangers office.

      Copyright © 2009  Yahoo! All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

      This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032. ) In case of problems, please call your organisation’ s IT Helpdesk.

      +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

      The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

      On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

      Beyond Hotmail — see what else you can do with Windows Live. Find out more.

      This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032. ) In case of problems, please call your organisation’ s IT Helpdesk.

      +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

      The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

      On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

      Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now

      This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032. ) In case of problems, please call your organisation’ s IT Helpdesk.

      +++++ The Forestry Commission's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. +++++

      The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

      On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

      Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now

      Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now
    • Chris Lupton
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
        --- On Fri, 6/26/09, steven menmuir <stevenmenmuir@...> wrote:
        > Hi folks, I won't make it tomorrow, some long overdue DIY needed in our
        > house. Really fancy the ride/BBQ but was wondering if anybody else
        > would prefer a Fri night or maybe a Sat. I know I'll be cream crackered
        > on the Thurs or will have to leave early the night before. Alos I was
        > wondering if we did it on a Sat if we could do some kind of
        > awareness/recruitme nt thing, we spoke about this in the past when
        > wondering how we could get more people along. Maybe we could combine it
        > with the Bike Patrol.

        A Trailfairy publicity event on a Saturday or a Sunday would be a good thing for raising awareness of what the Fairies do. However I'm pretty much busy every weekend in July so I also like the idea of a ride and BBQ next Wednesday. :-) IIRC Andy's away on his holidays pretty soon so I suspect that the 8th is probably the only chance we have to do something like this for a wee while.

        Chris
        --
        Chris Lupton
        thinkingengine@...
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 1, 2009
          There wasnt a sesh tonight was there?im pretty sure it was cancelled? Its just aswell cos not much work would have been done in that heat,my van was showing 24deg C at 6.30pm up in the buzzards nest. It would have made the perfect night for the bbq and ride tho.

          mark.

          To: glentress-trailfairies@...
          From: thinkingengine@...
          Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:56:06 +0000

          --- On Fri, 6/26/09, steven menmuir <stevenmenmuir@ hotmail.com> wrote:
          > Hi folks, I won't make it tomorrow, some long overdue DIY needed in our
          > house. Really fancy the ride/BBQ but was wondering if anybody else
          > would prefer a Fri night or maybe a Sat. I know I'll be cream crackered
          > on the Thurs or will have to leave early the night before. Alos I was
          > wondering if we did it on a Sat if we could do some kind of
          > awareness/recruitme nt thing, we spoke about this in the past when
          > wondering how we could get more people along. Maybe we could combine it
          > with the Bike Patrol.

          A Trailfairy publicity event on a Saturday or a Sunday would be a good thing for raising awareness of what the Fairies do. However I'm pretty much busy every weekend in July so I also like the idea of a ride and BBQ next Wednesday. :-) IIRC Andy's away on his holidays pretty soon so I suspect that the 8th is probably the only chance we have to do something like this for a wee while.

          Chris
          --
          Chris Lupton
          thinkingengine@ yahoo.co. uk

          View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place - Learn more!