Fw: EuroGay Cup - Sailing event 6 - 7 September 2008, Brighton England

  • Pewit
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2008
      The 8th annual EuroGay Cup Regatta will be held in Brighton on 6th—7th September 2008. This is the third time the UK is hosting the regatta and it is expected to attract around 60 competitors split in two fleets;

        - Spinnaker Class; Crew of four to five people

        - Non-Spinnaker Class; Crew of two to three people

      Please see our website for more details: www.eurogaycup.org

      In addition, The Sailing and Cruising Association (S&CA) will be organising a social event for other LGBT sailors alongside the regatta.

      The organisers of the regatta are the S&CA.  SailnetUK will be hosting it along with Hove Watersports from Brighton Marina.

      There will be a combined welcome evening & registration from 7pm on Friday 5th September with a drinks reception and dinner on the Saturday evening.

       The racing will take place on Saturday & Sunday with the intention of having 4 to 6 races in total on windward/leeward, triangular courses or an Olympic-style courses.

      Details of the event can be found on the website in English, French, German, Italian and Dutch.

      I would be very grateful if you would circulate this to your members and others who may be interested in attending.

      We very much look forward to seeing you in Brighton!

      Regards,

      Reggie

      Reggie Blennerhassett

      rblennerhassett@...

      Commodore, Sailing and Cruising Association

      Checked by AVG.
    • Colin Weston
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2008

        Hi Paul

        Thanks for distributing.

        I hope all is well with you?

        Whilst Jim is away I am after a favour – did you design the logo for the EGC?  If so would you be willing to update last years Barclays version (attached) so the date shows 2008 – I am pleased to say that Barclays have agreed to sponser the event again this year.

        Thanks

        Colin

        rblennerhassett@ btinternet. com