Head Gasket

  • philip_millard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2008
      Hi All, does anybody know the difference between the early and late
      head gaskets, if indeed there is a difference? I suffered with Pinking
      last year and know have another head ready for when I start my rebuild
      again. I wondered if one was thicker??

      Cheers, Phil
    • tubbieskettle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2008
        Phil,
        With regards to your question about head gaskets you would be correct
        in that the earlier model head gasket was thicker. But you should be
        able to fit later model ones without causing problems. Maybe your
        carbs/timing may need tweeking. Have a word with the club tech guys,
        details in front of magazine. They would be only to pleased to help if
        you are still unsure.
        Regards.
        Tubbs

        --- In gt750uk@..., "philip_millard" <philip_millard@...>