Re: GT750M project

  • Kevin Brookes
    Message 1 of 5 , 1 Apr 00:44
      Ace firstly where are the pictures, secondly i do believe it was me
      who you were talking to about the tank not Chris. You could always
      phone him once Giles and everyone else has got off the phone to him
      just to confirm this.

      Binky

      --- In gt750uk@..., "Ace Venturi" <tim4lymm@...> wrote:

      > Hi Guys
      > New project has arrived - 75 M model, very scruffy amd lots of work
      > needed but b*gger me, it started on all 3 once I put some decent plugs
      > and got the fuel through and runs really well - much better than I
      > thought it might!!!!. Last on road in 1996 (taxed that is), certainly
      > hasn't been run in last 4-5 years. Big project!!! No brakes, gear
      > indicator, very well greased up but loads of rust all over - will need
      > your help chaps!.
      > Currently fitted with a badly painted AB tank which leaks (but tank
      > flap very good Chris, and I can get a key copied to go with it).
      > Will come back with more news as it progresses.
      > Ah! to have 2 kettles running at the same time - takes me back to the
      > Haze .....
      > Cheers, Ace
      > P.S. Apologies to those waiting for carbs, should get them all done
      > next week (leave).

    • Ace Venturi
      Message 2 of 5 , 2 Apr 04:38
        Hi Binky
        there are 2 AB tanks under discussion here - don't panic! As for
        piccy's, once I can work out how to get them out of my new snazzy
        camera phone, I post some. Give me a call, cannot get through to
        Chris.
        Cheers, Ace

        --- In gt750uk@..., "Kevin Brookes" <kettlekevb@...>
        wrote:

        > Ace firstly where are the pictures, secondly i do believe it was me
        > who you were talking to about the tank not Chris. You could always
        > phone him once Giles and everyone else has got off the phone to him
        > just to confirm this.
        >
        > Binky
        >
        > --- In gt750uk@..., "Ace Venturi" <tim4lymm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Guys
        > > New project has arrived - 75 M model, very scruffy amd lots of
        work
        > > needed but b*gger me, it started on all 3 once I put some decent
        plugs
        > > and got the fuel through and runs really well - much better than
        > > thought it might!!!!. Last on road in 1996 (taxed that is),
        certainly
        > > hasn't been run in last 4-5 years. Big project!!! No brakes,
        gear
        > > indicator, very well greased up but loads of rust all over -
        will need
        > > your help chaps!.
        > > Currently fitted with a badly painted AB tank which leaks (but
        tank
        > > flap very good Chris, and I can get a key copied to go with it).
        > > Will come back with more news as it progresses.
        > > Ah! to have 2 kettles running at the same time - takes me back
        to the
        > > Haze .....
        > > Cheers, Ace
        > > P.S. Apologies to those waiting for carbs, should get them all
        done
        > > next week (leave).

      • Kevin Brookes
        Message 3 of 5 , 2 Apr 07:44
          then please accept my apologies old bean i never new u had so many tanks lol

          --- In gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk, "Kevin Brookes" <kettlekevb@ ...>
          wrote:

          > Ace firstly where are the pictures, secondly i do believe it was me
          > who you were talking to about the tank not Chris. You could always
          > phone him once Giles and everyone else has got off the phone to him
          > just to confirm this.
          >
          > Binky
          >
          > --- In gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk, "Ace Venturi" <tim4lymm@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Guys
          > > New project has arrived - 75 M model, very scruffy amd lots of
          work
          > > needed but b*gger me, it started on all 3 once I put some decent
          plugs
          > > and got the fuel through and runs really well - much better than
          > > thought it might!!!!. Last on road in 1996 (taxed that is),
          certainly
          > > hasn't been run in last 4-5 years. Big project!!! No brakes,
          gear
          > > indicator, very well greased up but loads of rust all over -
          will need
          > > your help chaps!.
          > > Currently fitted with a badly painted AB tank which leaks (but
          tank
          > > flap very good Chris, and I can get a key copied to go with it).
          > > Will come back with more news as it progresses.
          > > Ah! to have 2 kettles running at the same time - takes me back
          to the
          > > Haze .....
          > > Cheers, Ace
          > > P.S. Apologies to those waiting for carbs, should get them all
          done
          > > next week (leave).

        • Ace Venturi
          Message 4 of 5 , 2 Apr 15:47
            Binky/Chris - My best fiends (no typo) tell me I'm well endowed with
            tanks, but the missus tends to disagree for some reason...????
            Is there something I need to say about having at least 2 spare
            tanks, but only one flap????. And I only one key??
            Fight amongst yerselves as much as you like darlings, (and let me
            know the outcome backed up with video evidence LOL). I'll always be
            here to pick up the pieces (and throw all em in't Kettle recylcing
            bin)
            Speak soon, I'm off (literally!) this week and next, so call soon.

            Ace

            P.S. Now, seeing as I've lost 3 nights sleep coffing and weezing
            wit t'cold/flu, I'm now gonna try at getting these super-dooper
            piccy's of the M project on arrival off me fancy new (didn't ask for
            it but it was pre-paid for - sorry "FREE") phone and ont web
            (strangley there are now enough kids are home from school/college -
            sorry UNI!!!! to help me sort it if I can get them out of the pubs)

            wrote:

            > then please accept my apologies old bean i never new u had so many
            tanks lol

            align:right;padding-right:.5em;}
            > #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            > font-weight:bold;}
            > #ygrp-vital a {
            > text-decoration:none;}
            >
            > #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            > text-decoration:underline;}
            >
            > #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            > color:#999;font-size:77%;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            > padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            > #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            > text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            > padding:8px 0;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            size:100%;line-height:122%;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            > text-decoration:none;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            > text-decoration:underline;}
            > #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            > margin:0;}
            > o {font-size:0;}
            > .MsoNormal {
            > margin:0 0 0 0;}
            > #ygrp-text tt{
            > font-size:120%;}
            > blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            > .replbq {margin:4;}
            > -->

            > What kind of emailer are you? Find out today - get a free analysis
            of your email personality. Take the quiz at the Yahoo! Mail
            Championship.