Re: lucas ignition spares / panel badge paint

  • gcobb16
    Message 1 of 31 , May 2, 2008
      Hi Garry, the problem is they used a large metalflake which wont go
      through a normal gravity feed or suction spray gun, at least not
      without changing the spray head. The only place i know that could
      help is RS Paints at racecommon road, barnsley. They`ll do even the
      smallest amount of panel orange, they also do touch ups which could
      do the job for you mate. Only thing is it wont be that cheap but
      it`ll be worth it.

      --- In gt750uk@..., "Garry brown" <sambogunners@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      > Lucas electronic ignition spares are available still from MISTRAL
      > ENGINEERING
      > for instructions and wiring disgrams send A4 s.a.envelope along
      with 4
      > first class stamps
      > MISTRAL ENGINEERING
      > UNIT 12 TAYLORS
      > GRAVEL LANE
      > CHIGWELL
      > ESSEX
      > 1G7 6DQ
      > Tel 0208 5012161
      > hope this might be of help to some one.
      > Does anyone know where i might be able to get hold of metal flake
      > enamel as usedon the GT on the side panel badges ?

    • Gary Cobb
      Message 31 of 31 , May 7, 2008
        You`re right there Dominic, john really is good. He`s working full time in a car parts at the moment but obviously still has the contacts for the bikes, which he said he much prefers dealing with.
        Regards
        Gary

        To: gt750uk@...
        From: bluesmokerider@...
        Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 15:45:29 +0200
        Subject: Re: [gt750uk] Top Bloke

        Hi Gary
        I'll second that, Supersixkid is one of my favourite sources for parts on Ebay, he ships really fast and he leaves a positive feedback as soon as payment is made...
        Dominique
        From: tamalaman61@ yahoo.co. uk
        Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 23:30:27 +0100
        Subject: [gt750uk] Top Bloke

        Hi Gary
        Yep I share your sentiments entirely about John he's a top bloke, nothing ever seemed to much trouble for him when you rang Slinger's.
        It makes a very refreshing change these days to deal with a guy like him as opposed to the usual "computer says no" brigade you usally get behind a parts counter these days (ie cant be arsed ! )
        Its great news that he is still in circulation & I will take note of his mail addy so I can get more parts from him.
        Cheers Phil.
        p.s Crooks are still very good too.

        Gary Cobb <cobb.trans@hotmail. co.uk> wrote:
        Hi Marc, Thanks for that mate, ref John: his email is john.crook11@ tesco.net. I would recommend him to anyone, if he knows you or you tell him you belong to the club, he`ll give you 20% discount. I used to get all my parts off Slingers or Martin Crooks, still use Crooks but also john now. Slingers cant get anything anymore, complete waste of space nowadays, suppose thats what happens when youre bought out mate

        To: gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk
        From: cramremraf@yahoo. co.uk
        Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 17:49:50 +0000
        Subject: [gt750uk] Re: lucas ignition spares / panel badge paint

        Hi Gary
        someone else who shares my view that Slingers went down the pan after
        John Left, I had no idea he was still trading, does he have his own
        business now or just a private venture because I would gladly pass
        some business his way.

        Congrats on your Daughters 2nd just wait until they become the
        obligatory know it all Teenagers LOL.

        Marc

        --- In gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk, Gary Cobb <cobb.trans@ ...> wrote:

        > Hi Dominic, boy am i glad to be back here, just had my daughters
        2nd birthday. Now i know im getting old!
        > Signwriting is normal word writing on trucks etc but done with
        paint and special brushes, coach lining is done freehand with brushes
        that have very short handles and extra long sable hairs. Theres
        nothing wrong with your english mate, mine is probably worse. I
        already have eric`s website in my computer but thanks anyway, we all
        have to know every supplier possible dont we? if you ever get stuck,
        give John an email, he used to work at a bike shop in Preston
        (Slingers), his email is john.crook11@ ..., i get a fair bit of stuff
        off him as his prices are good and he`s trustworthy. So i dont deal
        with slingers anymore, they went downhill when he left then got
        bought out at least once. If you mail him tel him youre in the club
        and you get 20% discount, you can tell him i put you on to him but
        he`ll more than likely put the price up haha.
        > Ref what you were saying about the Honda, my wife has only ever
        been on a bike rarely, first time was with me on the kettle and she
        did 80 odd miles, i was quite proud of her. The kettle i mean, not
        the wife LOL.
        > Catch you soon
        > Cobby

        Invite your Facebook friends to Messenger! Get Started!

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
        A Smarter Email.

        Messenger's gone Mobile! Get it now!

        Messenger's gone Mobile! Get it now!