Re: metric to imperial nut size

  • ray_dunkley
    Message 1 of 12 , May 2, 2009
      hi
      if your still struggling, get a 34mm METRINCH socket THEY ARE UNIVERSAL FIT THAT IS METRIC WITWORTH UNC AND ANYTHING ELSE just find the smallest socket that fits
      we use them all the time at work (and have for the last 15 years)for reconditioning pumps etc with rustey or funny shape nuts
      they are a funny internal shape with no corners like standard but have 6 round raised parts in them and the drive is transmitted on the flats of the nuts not the corners
      when you put them on they feel a sloppy fit but they will not slip,
      in our shop even if the nuts are nearly round with errosion if you can get a socket that just taps on the socket will grip whats left of the flats
      regards ray in sunny Leicester just going out for a potter on the bike beware car drivers that get to close to the number plate there be premix in the tank as well so its a smoker at moment.

      Message 2 of 12 , May 2, 2009
        CHEErS RAY,job done found 1 15/16 socket fits tight as a nuns *unt
        smoke them tailgaters !!!!!!!!!

        From: ray_dunkley <raydkoi@...>
        Subject: [gt750uk] Re: metric to imperial nut size
        To: gt750uk@...