Re: [gt750uk] Yet another seat trim question...

  • Tom Brattskar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2010

      Mark has allways right.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 1:15 AM
      Subject: RE: [gt750uk] Yet another seat trim question...

      Aluminium – oh dear oh dear Suzuki were not kind to you Scandinavians Tom – we got Stainless steel over here mate !!!

      Mark

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2010
        Dave,

        Hi, still not got over to you yet, sorry!

        I got a good modern substitute from P&P seating. It cost me about £15-00. It is a platic chrome strip. It can be cut and shaped, so the ends are exactly like the original "stainless steel". This strip is "D"-shape in section, so it is held to the seat by dome-head bolts. You have to drill the seat base if it hasn't already been done. My seat was a new 'Paul Miller' seat, proper Suzuki one. I got the dome head bolts from a model shop. Email me directly and I'll send you some pic's. If your comming this way drop-in and i'll show you.
        Cheers Happy New Year Ray (Worthing)

        :-Motor cycle seat & luggage manufrs. ... 429 Meadway, Birmingham, B33 0DZ, UK. Telephone: work0121-784 9441

        --- In gt750uk@..., David Palmer <david.d.palmer@...> wrote:

        > Hellow fellow GTers,
        >
        > Well it stopped raining for a while this week so I got the GT out of the shed to sort out a mountain of remaining faults like bolts broken in the frame blah, blah.
        >
        > I have a new seat that I was going to attach my chrome strip off the original seat. Quick easy job thought I...
        >
        > According to older posts and my viewing of the parts book, it seems that the chrome seat strip I have is incorrect. It has a black rubber backing stip that the chrome stip is mounted on and I can't find any metal parts (look like rivets) coming through the seat sides. Therefore it would seem that this trim part is glued on!
        >
        > This doesn't seem standard to me - anyone out there know different or perhaps I am being a prat?? (don't you all agree at once!)
        >
        > Thanks for your continued help and have a good, safe and GT-tastic 2010! I hope to be on the road again in March/April time!!!
        >
        > Best regards,
        >
        > David
        > 1976 GT750A, Haslemere

      • Mark Reeves
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2010

          Dave – if your interested , GTReiner does a seat strip mounting kit, all the little rivet / bolt things you need + the little push on washers etc , or like ray mentions you can just use small bolts

          Mark