Re: [gt750uk] Re: Noisey Brakes

  • fred@fjsales.co.uk
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 2010

      Hi  Tim

      Did as you suggested,problem solved.

      Many Thanks

       Freddie.

      On 29 June 2010 at 10:18 ace1venturi <tim4lymm@...> wrote:

      > Freddie - I have had the same problem (squeaky whilst the brake isn't on) for some time.  As part of this years service, I took the calipers apart and noticed that the RH floating pad "frame" was catching on the disc - i.e. the floating pad wasn't floating! Clean the frame up with a brass wire brush and lightly copaslip the bit that the pad slides through (clean the outside edge of the pad too) and make sure the pad moves easily and freely through the frame.  Clean and lightly grease the sliding pins and get rid of those pesky O-rings - they really aren't necessary if you service the calipers regularly and just cause extra stickiness.
      > Even with EBC sintered pads, once bedded back in my fronts now work far better than ever before (much more like I remember them from way back - decent stopping power at last!) and the floating pad floats as it should with no squeaks!
      > Good luck pal,
      > Tim
      >
      > --- In gt750uk@..., Gary Cobb <cobb21@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Mark, Freddies taking about the brakes squeaking not himself LOL.
      > >
      > > Mine were like it once but i changed them from EBC crap to ferodo (nothing to do with hobbits mark), i also use copperslip on the back as well.
      > >

      > > To: gt750uk@...
      > > From: mark.reeves@...
      > > Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:04:45 +0100
      > > Subject: RE: [gt750uk] Noisey Brakes
      > >

      > > As Mike said, Copper slip or special Suzuki " Red" grease – might cure the problem !
      > >

      > > Quite a few have developed squeaks – your not on your own
      > >
      > > Mark

    • Mark Reeves
      Message 46 of 46 , Jul 5, 2010

        Too late now LLOLL im up and nearly going to bed again LOL

        From: mark.reeves@...
        Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 11:33:10 +0100

        Urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm – and what are you proposing exactly Mr Cobb LLOLL

        How on earth will I see you on Monday if you have to be in Doncastor !!!! Urmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm LLOLL

        From: Gary Cobb <cobb21@...>
        To: "Kettle Club" <gt750uk@...>
        Date: Saturday, 3 July, 2010, 18:05

        Paul, im in Doncaster monday, is that any help if i can arrange to meet Mark somewhere?

        To: gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk
        From: pauluttley@rocketma il.com
        Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:52:17 +0000

        Hi Gary, I live Brighouse west yorks thanks Paul

        From: mark.reeves@ ntlworld. com
        Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:35:05 +0100

        Hi Paul , the answer to disk value would be ------------ --- not very much !!!

        I will look in to postage costs first as this might not be too cheap !

        Best way round it is – I send you the disks – you have a look and then if your happy make a donation to my bank account LLOLLL

        Mark

        From: Mark Reeves <mark.reeves@ ntlworld. com>
        Subject: RE: [gt750uk] Re: Noisey Brakes
        To: gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk
        Date: Tuesday, 29 June, 2010, 19:58

        Pual,

        OK – dug the brake disks out today !

        Verniered them @ 6.3 -6.4 mm thickness – and noticed they are in fact NOT new but resurfaced or re-ground !

        It doesn’t look like they have been used since being re-surfaced as machining marks are still in the surface of the disks !

        Centres would need re-painting too !

        Let me know if your still interested – I’m sure we could come to some very reasonable deal J

        Mark

        Tim I’m really not sure you should be using sintered pads on non stainless disks !!!

        --- In gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk, Gary Cobb <cobb21@...> wrote:

        > Mark, Freddies taking about the brakes squeaking not himself LOL.
        >
        > Mine were like it once but i changed them from EBC crap to ferodo
        (nothing to do with hobbits mark), i also use copperslip on the back as well.

        > To: gt750uk@yahoogroups
        .co.uk

        .co.uk [mailto:gt750uk@yahoogroups .co.uk] On Behalf Of mike yeadon
        > Sent: 28 June 2010 14:44
        > To: gt750uk@yahoogroups
        .co.uk
        > Subject: Re: [gt750uk] Noisey Brakes
        >

        > Freddie,
        >

        > I am told copperslip on the backs of the pads may help, but have not
        tried it.

        > Mine squeak alarmingly when I use them only! yet to find out if on
        rebuild + copperslip I still make pedestrians leap into the air (quite useful actually!)

        > Good luck, let us know what you find. Others will no doubt be along
        to help with advice that is proven.

        > Mike

        .co.uk
        > Date: Monday, 28 June, 2010, 13:57
        >

        > Can anyone help? my front brakes have developed a squeak, ( Doing my
        head in )when i touch the brake lever it goes away.

        > I have replaced the pads and checked the pistons which seem ok, any
        suggestions would be very much appreciated.

        > Freddie

        > http://clk.atdmt.
        com/UKM/go/ 197222280/ direct/01/
        > Do you have a story that started on Hotmail? Tell us now

        Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail – Free. Sign-up now.

        Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail – Free. Sign-up now.