Best tyres for a kettle

  • alan.marpole
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi
      Have just got my new spoked wheels back from my wheel builder so
      looking for recommendations on tyres, im sure tyre technology has moved
      on since TT100, and Avon Roadrunners

      Cheers

      Al
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
        Al hi!

        I put Avon RoadRunners on mine. Tyre technology might have moved on but
        the bike is still from the 70's. I've had no trouble with these and it
        looks right. ...Still get that stand down at times on bends, what more
        do you want!

        cheers Ray

        --- In gt750uk@..., "alan.marpole" <alan.marpole@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi
        > Have just got my new spoked wheels back from my wheel builder so
        > looking for recommendations on tyres, im sure tyre technology has
        moved
        > on since TT100, and Avon Roadrunners
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Al

      • Clive
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 1, 2007
          Hi Al
          Kettles just dont look right without TT100s, just had my wheels rebuilt
          and new TTs fitted, not quite as good as the Brigestones on my K5 but
          we are talking about the 70s
          Check my pic on Story so far album
          Cheers Clive.
        • Ace Venturi
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
            Many are of the opinion that Bridgestone BT45 Battlax work extremely
            well on the Kettle (and i am one of them).
            --- In gt750uk@..., "Clive" <theullmers@...> wrote:

            > Hi Al
            > Kettles just dont look right without TT100s, just had my wheels
            rebuilt
            > and new TTs fitted, not quite as good as the Brigestones on my K5
            but
            > we are talking about the 70s
            > Check my pic on Story so far album
            > Cheers Clive.

          • KEITH RUDD
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
              Give me Bridgestone Battlaxe BT45 anytime .... sod the tread pattern!!!LOL They are a dual compound tyre that stick ......... not quite like glue .... I'd rather have the best grip possible than a 70's look anyday!!!!

              Keith

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 2, 2007
                Hi

                Thats my thinking, give me grip anyday, so looks like the BT45 are
                the way to go

                Cheers

                Al