Re: G Troop Fwd: Emailing: 20-05-2012 18;54;07 [1 Attachment]

  • Taff Fitzgerald
    Message 1 of 3 , 18 Jan
      Hi Malcolm,

      On the G Troop group there is a message put on containing my phone number.

      Could you please remove it? Believe it or not it affects my credit score as it can be found.

      The message went on on Apr 3rd 2012 and is titled Fwd: 4th Reunion to be hosted by the regiment.

      Thanks in advance.

      Dave Fitzgerald
      WO (ATC)
      OC Alleyn's School CCF (RAF)

      On 20 May 2012, at 21:16, Malcolm Carruthers <malcoes@...> wrote:

      Forwarding to Gtroop Site and to individuals on behalf of Stuart Eaton.  Malcolm.

      James, Mike and Malcolm;

      I attach a scanned copy of an Obituary which I wrote for your Father and
      submitted to Gunner Magazine, James. I hope that you and others will find it
      fitting and appropriate to him. He was a grand chap.

      Personally speaking, I can say that he was the most intelligent man I had
      ever met in the Army, when considering his combined intelligence/intellect
      and experience of life. I and others have so many fond memories of him. He
      was especially good at looking after and showing due consideration to
      soldiers under his command and leadership. He was a serious man because he
      was serious about his job and felt that we all had to try hard and maintain
      standards. But this did not affect his sense of humour and we will all
      cherish moments when he was either telling a tale or sharing a joke. Of
      course, his style of presentation and narration, coupled with the upmarket
      nature of his average joke, spellbound us all.

      He was always entirely confident in all that he did. In Munsterlager, the
      several of us who formed the Artillery Intelligence Team were, I do not
      hesitate to say, an excellent Team and that was due almost entirely to his
      presence (in both meanings of that word), his the capacities of his
      intelligence and intellect and his styles of presentation and leadership.
      Whenever, either in barracks or in the field, we were visited or inspected
      by senior personnel from Brigade or Divisional staffs, he would invariably
      take the lead ahead of any local regimental officer and would instill ease
      and confidence into the inspector/visitor.

      I could go on and on and on.....................

      Ah well. Take care. Trust you are all well.

      Stuart

      Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
      attachments:

      20-05-2012 18;54;07

      sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail
      security settings to determine how attachments are handled.

    • stan7632
      Message 2 of 3 , 18 Jan
        Hello Taff,
        I have deleted that message. Sorry for any problems that may have caused.
        Malcolm is joint admin on this site but I don't think he gets on here much these days.
        Any other problems arising you can direct to me and I will do my best to correct any problem.
        Cheers
        Stan
        stan7632@...
      • Taff Fitzgerald