This group is for discussing beekeeping matters focused on the county of Gwynedd, Wales, UK.
It primarily concerns people keeping bees in Lleyn, Eifionydd, Arfon and Meirionydd, whether or not they are a member of a local beekeepers' association.
Some suggested topics covered:
- local beekeeping issues (forage, phenology, flows, disease/pest incidence,pesticide
events, yields, reading resources etc)
- hive preferences and management methods
- support and help with specific problems
- informal mentoring for new beekeepers
- any developments further afield that affect local beekeeping (e.g.legislation changes, information from the National Bee Unit)
- anything the seasonal bee disease inspector might wish to communicate
- advertising by group members of any nucs or equipment they wanted to sell
- tips on where to get specific items of equipment
The group was set up by David Heaf after discussions with others in the county. The above topics are not necessarily exclusive and can be supplemented or changed through discussion in the group.
Seasonal Bee Inspectors: Jonathan Garratt (North and West) and Paul Aslin (East and South).
- Jan 23, 2011
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.