Re: [Hard of Hearing UK] Re: A question: If you could hear well...

  • andrew arthur
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 19, 2011
      You sound like a prime candidate for a CI.

      --
      Andy

    • Ian
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 8, 2012
        Saffy, I am a bit late into this thread only pop in here from time to time but what you express here is true I think for a lot of folk in our position but perhaps not to the degree you feel it.

        Like Cherry, I too have a CI and it is most definitely not 'real' hearing but it is a lot better than what I got out of digi aids for sure. But to the question: Yes of course I would rather have natural hearing, no more stuff clamped on your head, no more batteries to charge up, no more long tedious journeys to the CI centre to 'map'.

        I am not trying to say that a CI gives you what you want, just that it is part of the way there albeit with certain downsides as mentioned above. Of course I would be over the moon with a 'fix' but for me it would only be in one side only as the CI procedure destroys any of the residual hearing.

        I will post new thread on something related to this but thanks for starting the idea.

        Ian