File - hohuk-chat.txt

  • hardofhearinguk@yahoogroups.co.uk
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2002
      HoHUK Chat nights...

      Hard of Hearing UK has scheduled chat night every Wednesday 9pm GMT.

      Please come and join us, and chat with other people who are deaf/hard of hearing.

      We chat about various subjects, not just relating to deafness and have loads of fun!

      You can also change the font colours and use emicons to add some fun too.

      In the event that the Yahoo chat room experiences technical problems we also set up and other room in MSN.

      For this you will need to sign up for a Passport and Hotmail account from www.msn.com

      The MSN room is only available when someone has set it up and is on-line. Unlike Yahoo it is not permanent but created by a HoHUK founder or member on the night.

      Once you have signed up and signed into MSN Messenger here's how you get there...

      On the MSN Messenger screen (the one that lists all your MSN friends/contacts) look at the bottom on the window..

      Underneath I Want To... it says, "Go to Chat"

      If you can't see a list you need to click on the down arrow to expand the screen.

      This will take you MSN Chat (note. you may be ask to download some software depending on whether you have used Chat before)

      Underneath All Chat Room is a drop down box for Categories.

      Select 'Health and Medicine' and you will see a list of all available chat rooms.

      Look for (((HoHUK))) or (((Deaf and HoH UK))) - which should appear on the first page.

      Click on the room and you're in!

      Note. This room is not exclusive to HoHUK but open to anyone on MSN.

      Whether you use MSN or Yahoo please be nice and keep it sensible!
      Users are not expert chatters or cyber geeks etc. The pace is reasonable and the language is English!

      Hope to see you on-line soon. Have fun!

      Best regards

      Maria & Saffron
      HoHUK July 2002