Bits and bobs

  • imantunes
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2003
      It always gets a bit quiet here mid-week, doesn't it?

      Well, I had my apicectomy yesterday (removal of the tip of the root
      of the tooth, by cutting through the gum). I was really nervous about
      it and was worried that it would set off a bad dizzies attack.
      However, it went well and I actually felt better an hour after the
      operation than I had been feeling lately (could be because of a
      steroid injection the dentist gave me in the arm). The operation took
      over an hour and I had bad TMJ dysfunction yesterday (jaw clicking
      very loud and painful), which made keeping my mouth open for so long
      quite uncomfortable (fortunately, they gave me something to bite on
      to keep my mouth open and rest my jaw). After the op, I felt like I
      had been repeatedly punched in the mouth and nose all afternoon, but
      it's OK now, just a bit sore from the stitches and it's difficult to
      laugh (at least I find things to laugh about! hehe).

      I now hope this will remove the permanent infection I have had since
      Christmas (despite 6 courses of antibiotics), which has made me feel
      really unwell and triggered one big and several mini attacks of
      Meniere's. I'm also having a traditional Chinese medicine herbal
      treatment, which has helped me with the dizziness mainly, so I'm
      optimistic that I'm on the mend.

      I'm now looking forward to the bank holiday weekend and hoping to be
      well enough to do some DIY and gardenning with my husband (as well as
      going out with friends on Monday).

      Hope you're all keeping well and that you all have a nice May day
      weekend!

      :)

      Saffron
    • Sue Turner-Smith <sue.turner-smith@net.nt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2003
        Hope you soon feel better.

        Have fun with the diy and gardening - I'm hoping to do some work on
        our newly acquired allotment, weather permitting!

        Sue
      • imantunes
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2003
          Sorry Sue, I only now saw your message. Thank you very much too for
          your nice wishes! Hope you manage to do your gardenning without
          getting wet!

          Take care,

          Saffron

          --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "Sue Turner-Smith
          <sue.turner-smith@n...>" <sue.turner-smith@n...> wrote:
          > Hope you soon feel better.
          >
          > Have fun with the diy and gardening - I'm hoping to do some work on
          > our newly acquired allotment, weather permitting!
          >
          > Sue
        • mazza1961
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2003
            Hi Saff,

            Glad the op went ok and that you feel better already.

            I am working over the weekend:( but hope to get some gardening done
            inbetween shifts. We have just bought one of those skip bags that
            are being advertised on TV and are suppose to hold a ton of
            rubbish. I knocked down a shed and chopped down a tree over the
            Easter holidays so the bag should be filled up pretty quick lol.
            Also we plan to replace some fencing so the old fence can go in the
            skip bag as well. Just hope the bag doesnt split lol.
            Also have invited my family round for a meal on Monday.

            Hope you all have a nice weekend.

            Mazza x

            --- In hardofhearinguk@..., imantunes <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > It always gets a bit quiet here mid-week, doesn't it?
            >
            > Well, I had my apicectomy yesterday (removal of the tip of the
            root
            > of the tooth, by cutting through the gum). I was really nervous
            about
            > it and was worried that it would set off a bad dizzies attack.
            > However, it went well and I actually felt better an hour after the
            > operation than I had been feeling lately (could be because of a
            > steroid injection the dentist gave me in the arm). The operation
            took
            > over an hour and I had bad TMJ dysfunction yesterday (jaw clicking
            > very loud and painful), which made keeping my mouth open for so
            long
            > quite uncomfortable (fortunately, they gave me something to bite
            on
            > to keep my mouth open and rest my jaw). After the op, I felt like
            > had been repeatedly punched in the mouth and nose all afternoon,
            but
            > it's OK now, just a bit sore from the stitches and it's difficult
            > laugh (at least I find things to laugh about! hehe).
            >
            > I now hope this will remove the permanent infection I have had
            since
            > Christmas (despite 6 courses of antibiotics), which has made me
            feel
            > really unwell and triggered one big and several mini attacks of
            > Meniere's. I'm also having a traditional Chinese medicine herbal
            > treatment, which has helped me with the dizziness mainly, so I'm
            > optimistic that I'm on the mend.
            >
            > I'm now looking forward to the bank holiday weekend and hoping to
            be
            > well enough to do some DIY and gardenning with my husband (as well
            as
            > going out with friends on Monday).
            >
            > Hope you're all keeping well and that you all have a nice May day
            > weekend!
            >
            > :)
            >
            > Saffron
          • imantunes
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2, 2003
              Hi Mazza,

              Thanks for message!

              Gosh, did you knocked down the shed and chopped the tree down all on
              your own? You seemed to have been doing a lot in your garden lately!
              Are you planning to tackly the fencing yourself too? Can I invite you
              to come and do mine? LOL! That bag you talked about sounds good,
              never heard of it before, but how are you going to lift it once it's
              full?

              I hope you have a very enjoyable family meal on Monday and good luck
              with work too!

              Saff
              xx

              --- In hardofhearinguk@..., mazza1961 <no_reply@y...>

            • mazza1961
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2, 2003
                Hi Saff,

                Gosh no way did I do that all by myself lol. It was a joint effort
                from various members of my family. the skip bag can be seen at
                www.skipbag.co.uk. When its full up you phone and arrange for it to
                be picked up. Supposed to be cheaper than a skip..... we will see
                lol.

                Mazza