Questionaire

  • frazer347
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Hi, I've joined the group to ask a favour. I have a slight hearing
      loss myself but thats down to middle age. I work with the Deaf and
      hard of hearing and I'am trying to set up a user group which I hope
      will develope into a club, particularly for hard of hearing younger
      people. To get this started I need to send out a questionaire to
      basically ask their views. This is where I'm getting stuck, it seems
      pointless asking the people I know what questions they would like
      asked ! So does anyone have any ideas ? does anyone know of any
      questionaires already done?, maybe published on line !. Is there
      questions that should be asked ?
      I would appreciate any help offered, ether post to the group or e-
      mail me direct. I would more that willing to share the rsults with
      everyone.
      Frazer
    • Saffron
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
        Hi Frazer,

        Welcome to the group!

        In order to give you ideas for your questionaire, could you please
        tell us more about what you mean by "user group" and what your vision
        for the club you hope to set up eventually are? Also, I think it
        would be both helpful and interesting for all members here to know
        more about your job, since you say that you work with the deaf and
        hard of hearing. Where abouts are you based?

        I look forward to hearing from you and I will be very happy to help
        with ideas of questions to put on your questionaire, if I can.

        Best wishes,

        Saffron (HoHUK group owner)

        -- In hardofhearinguk@..., "frazer347" <frazer347@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi, I've joined the group to ask a favour. I have a slight hearing
        > loss myself but thats down to middle age. I work with the Deaf and
        > hard of hearing and I'am trying to set up a user group which I hope
        > will develope into a club, particularly for hard of hearing younger
        > people. To get this started I need to send out a questionaire to
        > basically ask their views. This is where I'm getting stuck, it
        seems
        > pointless asking the people I know what questions they would like
        > asked ! So does anyone have any ideas ? does anyone know of any
        > questionaires already done?, maybe published on line !. Is there
        > questions that should be asked ?
        > I would appreciate any help offered, ether post to the group or e-
        > mail me direct. I would more that willing to share the rsults with
        > everyone.
        > Frazer
      • Maria
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          Hi Frazer

          Welcome to the group - we won't shoot anyone down here coz it's
          really relaxed and informal!

          About your question on user-groups: you might already be reinventing
          the wheel. The UK Council on Deafness (www.deafcouncil.org.uk) has
          already prepared a guide about setting up user groups, for the very
          reason you are posting here, as it's not an easy job finding and then
          getting feedback from the local deaf/Deaf/hoh community.

          It's not published on-line but they can send you a copy that costs £10
          http://www.deafcouncil.org.uk/public.htm#3

          Hope that helps and keep us posted!

          Maria