  • cello_ace
    Message 1 of 232 , Jan 1, 2002
      Happy new year to everyone!<br>From Elaine
    • elaine
      Message 232 of 232 , Nov 4, 2003
        Hi Saff,

        yes it was only near the end of Martyn's message that I realised it
        was meant for you lol!
        After I read about a deaf cellist on Hear It website I realised that
        ther was no reason why I shouldn't continue playing for as long as
        possible,but with a bit of help maybe as time goes by :~)I have
        found my playing has slipped a bit this year as I've had to put
        orchestra and my lessons on hold while I sort out my health.I
        haven't noticed any problems with distortion while I'm playing and I
        find it funny that I can actually hear music ten times more clearly
        than I can speech.I did have a discussion with my audiologist about
        the higher frequencies which I need for higher notes(but thankfully
        most of the cello notes are below middle C) and she said that I
        won't get an aid that will go that high so I guess I'll have to
        learn to feel them,if I'm not already doing that without knowing it.
        I understand that it is easier for deaf people to play wind
        instruments as the sound is transmited throught the skull via the
        teeth.I am sure Martyn can elaborate on this.
        Hope you continue to play your guitar Saff,
        Elaine xx