Re: [Hard of Hearing UK] Clubbing and hearing loss

  • elaine
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
      HI Peter,

      Looks like you could have done yourself some damage there -weren't
      ACDC renowned for the loudest gigs ever ?? Certainly I don't
      remember suffering from tinnitus after a gig like my daughters did
      in December when they saw Blue and that's tame compared to heavy
      metal lol! I totally agree with you -some types of music(rock
      mainly) just don't sound right unless you whack up the bass and
      volume ;)

      Elaine xx

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "peter_ellison2003"
      <peter.ellison@n...> wrote:
      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > if you think the music in clubs is loud, you should all come with
      me
      > to a rock concert or two.
      >
      > The louder the music, the better! It gives you a great feeling
      when
      > you can feel the pulsating rythm through your body and have the
      lead
      > guitars literally commit torture to your ears.
      >
      > The loudest concert I've been to was AC/DC in 1978. My ears were
      > still buzzying three days later! Perhaps I'm now paying the price
      > later in life for going too many in the past 25 years.
      >
      > Anyway, may pop into the Hiype meeting tonight for a quite chat,
      so
      > will give you some feed back next week.
      >
      > Have a nice weekend.
      >
      > Peter
    • mazza1961
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2003
        Took my daughter to a Boyzone concert about 7 years ago. It was an
        open air concert but the noise was still loud to me (even tho I had
        my hearing aids turned off) I could feel the beat going through my
        body. I didnt worry too much about my daughter as it was open air I
        thought that would somewhat not damage her. However she complained
        of tinnitus for the next few days. As far as I know, there was no
        damage to her hearing but I never took her to another concert.

        Long long time ago when I was younger, I use to love being near the
        speakers at a disco just to feel the beat. Probably made my loss
        worse. Would be interesting if I could see my audiogramme from when
        I was younger and compare them to todays.

        Mazza
        --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "elaine" <cello_ace@h...>