Re: Tinnitus

  • imantunes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Thank-you so much, Maria and Elaine, for the nice
      comments on my poem, I'm glad you liked it. I don't write
      many poems at all and only ever started writing them
      in English (my 3rd language!) last year. However, I
      actually now find it easier to write in English than in
      French or Portuguese, so I'm not sure I should still
      call English "my 3rd language", LOL. <br><br>About my
      job, things are still very difficult, but I have
      managed to talk a bit about how I felt to my colleagues
      and boss and it has helped. My boss keeps saying
      "we'll find a way" and is really very understanding, but
      she is leaving in 2 weeks' time. I have thanked my
      colleagues for being so understanding about all my ear
      problems. I think that it's important that they know that
      their efforts are being appreciated.<br><br>My hearing
      was a little better (less distorted) yesterday and I
      could use the phone without too much struggle, but it
      seems to be fluctuating so much, I just don't know what
      to expect from day to day. I'm going to the ENT
      hospital in London in 4 weeks and I'm going to write a
      letter asking to see the consultant, rather than a young
      registrar or SHO (they usually haven't a clue about my
      problems). Hopefully, they'll send me for some more tests
      and will answer some of my questions.<br><br>Anyone
      here has seen Dr Brookes at Grays Inn Road? What to
      you think of him? I only got to see him twice and
      haven't seen him for ages. I really didn't find himself
      helpful, but then he does know more than registrars. I
      wish I could find a really good ENT consultant with a
      bigger interest in ears than nose and
      throat.<br><br>Well, that will be all for now... enough babbling for a
      Saturday morning, LOL!<br><br>Have a wonderful weekend,
      all of you!<br><br>Saffron