Re: Just saying hello

  • melowmeldrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "Elizabeth Helen Jackson"
      <ehj02@s...> wrote:
      > Hi evry1
      >
      > just thought i would send a message to say hello to evry1 and
      introduce
      > myself.
      >
      > my name is Lizzie, I am 31 years old and wear two unitron us80-ppl
      hearing
      > aids. I am one of those who has been classed as being profoundly
      deaf,
      > even though i can hear some things with my hearing aids. I have
      a lovely
      > hearing dog who goes by the name of Dougal. He is a two year old
      Cavalier
      > King Charles Spaniel.
      >
      > I'm not exactly sure what your group is about so any feedback
      would be
      > greatly appreshiated.
      >
      > Bye for now
      >
      > Take care
      >
      > Lizzie xxx
      >

      >Form Melow

      Hi EHJ !
    • elaine
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2004
        HI Lizzie ,

        Welcome to the group and thanks for introducing yourself.Your dog
        sounds adorable.
        The main aim of this group is to put hoh people in contact with each
        other via our pcs.There are discussion threads about various issues
        that we can all relate to i.e. lipreading,hearing aids etc and also
        some funny stories.There are also occasional off topic subjects too
        like the recent one about music lyrics.We also have a weekly chat on
        wednesday nights about 9pm in the group chatroom (you can access
        this via the home page).Some group members have also met up in real
        life which is nice.
        I hope you find us a friendly bunch and if you have anything you
        need information on ,just post up and maybe someone can help you .

        Elaine xx

        <ehj02@s...> wrote:
        > Hi evry1
        >
        > just thought i would send a message to say hello to evry1 and
        introduce
        > myself.
        >
        > my name is Lizzie, I am 31 years old and wear two unitron us80-ppl
        hearing
        > aids. I am one of those who has been classed as being profoundly
        deaf,
        > even though i can hear some things with my hearing aids. I have
        a lovely
        > hearing dog who goes by the name of Dougal. He is a two year old
        Cavalier
        > King Charles Spaniel.
        >
        > I'm not exactly sure what your group is about so any feedback
        would be
        > greatly appreshiated.
        >
        > Bye for now
        >
        > Take care
        >
        > Lizzie xxx
        >

        > --
        > The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland
        by
        > charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA. Privileged/Confidential Information
        may
        > be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee
        indicated
        > in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such
        > person), you may not disclose, copy or deliver this message to
        anyone
        > and any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
        > prohibited and may be unlawful. In such case, you should destroy
        this
        > message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
        > immediately if you or your employer do not consent to Internet
        email
        > for messages of this kind.
      • Saffron
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
          Hi Lizzie,

          Thanks for joining HOHUK and welcome! Glad you introduced yourself.
          Elaine gave a very good summary of what HOHUK is about. YOu may also
          wish to read the homepage welcoming message.

          At the moment, I can't use the chat facility, as I have computer
          problems, but I hope to start doing so as soon as possible and join
          other members on Wednesday evenings, for a nice chat.

          Looking forward to reading you again,

          All the best,

          Saffron

          <ehj02@s...> wrote:
          > Hi evry1
          >
          > just thought i would send a message to say hello to evry1 and
          introduce
          > myself.
          >
          > my name is Lizzie, I am 31 years old and wear two unitron us80-ppl
          hearing
          > aids. I am one of those who has been classed as being profoundly
          deaf,

        • Saffron
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 12, 2007
            Hello everyone!

            Apart from baby keeping me away from the net, I've not even been able
            to read the messages lately, as we'd gone on holiday and then my mum
            came to stay for over two weeks, so I didn't even come online at all.

            I notice that a few new members have joined. Welcome to all new members!

            I'll catch up with the posts soon and reply if time and appropriate.

            Hope you're all doing well. We're fine. Baby David is growing fast. He
            will be 6 months' old tomorrow! Can't believe how time flies!

            Saffron :-)