Re: [Hard of Hearing UK] Digital hearing aid research in London - update

  • Saffron
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
      Just wanted to add to Mazza's message, that it was a genuine
      research focus group. It wasn't about the design of the actual
      hearing aid, but about the marketing of a new product, in that they
      wanted to know how best to market it and were asking us, digital
      hearing aid users, what we think works best / is most likely to make
      us want to buy an aid, when seeing an advert or a brochure
      (pictures, style, wording, claims, etc). I quite enjoyed it actually
      and I met some new people too, as well as seeing Christine and
      Mazza. Just wish there'd been a bit more food provided, I'm always
      hungry, LOL (I'm lucky to have a very fast metabolism!). The place
      was very nice and very posh. Was glad to get the 40 quid too! LOL!

      Saffron
    • mazza1961
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
        Yeah thats right about the marketing. The price question was just a
        personal query from me at the end, just to see if they would tell us
        how much it is.
        Not enough food Saff. Was there enough Wine for you lol ;)

        Mazza

        --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "Saffron" <bel@p...> wrote:
        > Just wanted to add to Mazza's message, that it was a genuine
        > research focus group. It wasn't about the design of the actual
        > hearing aid, but about the marketing of a new product, in that
        they
        > wanted to know how best to market it and were asking us, digital
        > hearing aid users, what we think works best / is most likely to
        make
        > us want to buy an aid, when seeing an advert or a brochure
        > (pictures, style, wording, claims, etc). I quite enjoyed it
        actually
        > and I met some new people too, as well as seeing Christine and
        > Mazza. Just wish there'd been a bit more food provided, I'm always
        > hungry, LOL (I'm lucky to have a very fast metabolism!). The place
        > was very nice and very posh. Was glad to get the 40 quid too! LOL!
        >
        > Saffron
      • Christine Davis
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
          Wine???? I didnt see any wine!! The sandwiches were nice but noone
          wanted to eat them cept us two!! the drinks were water coke and orange
          only.

          Neil and I were the only born deaf in our group the rest were deafened
          in later years. We tended to see the publicity in a different light
          than the others. they were saying that they wanted to see older people
          in the pics. It really showed up in the group.

          Im going to buy myself a computer book with my dough!!!!!!

          For gatherings!! Thursday and Monday are not good for me. I go to
          college them nights - thats if i get the work in thats due!!

          Bye

          Christine

          On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 08:52 am, mazza1961 wrote:

          > Yeah thats right about the marketing.� The price question was just a
          > personal query from me at the end, just to see if they would tell us
          > how much it is.�
          > Not enough food Saff.� Was there enough Wine for you lol ;)
          >
          > Mazza
          >
          > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "Saffron" <bel@p...> wrote:
          > > Just wanted to add to Mazza's message, that it was a genuine
          > > research focus group. It wasn't about the design of the actual
          > > hearing aid, but about the marketing of a new product, in that
          > they
          > > wanted to know how best to market it and were asking us, digital
          > > hearing aid users, what we think works best / is most likely to
          > make
          > > us want to buy an aid, when seeing an advert or a brochure
          > > (pictures, style, wording, claims, etc). I quite enjoyed it
          > actually
          > > and I met some new people too, as well as seeing Christine and
          > > Mazza. Just wish there'd been a bit more food provided, I'm always
          > > hungry, LOL (I'm lucky to have a very fast metabolism!). The place
          > > was very nice and very posh. Was glad to get the 40 quid too! LOL!
          > >�
          > > Saffron

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > �
          > �

        • mazza1961
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
            Hi Christine,

            Erm sorry the wine disappeared lol, thought there was some red stuff
            left and lager. Our group was the opposite to you and said that the
            ads are aimed too much towards the older generation. Most of our
            group wanted high quality aids with good funky designs as well.
            Also they wanted more honest description in the ads and find most
            ads misleading and promising too much. Also all the photos they
            showed us that was in the literature, I dont think not even one
            person had an aid on. I noticed most of your group were older
            people whilst our group was younger ones (think I was the eldest
            lol).

            Mazza

            --- In hardofhearinguk@..., Christine Davis

            Service.

          • Christine Davis
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
              They probably decided that you needed livening up, but cos my group was
              the pensioners they need looking after!!
              BTW I was the youngest there!!!!!!!!!!!!

              They certainly made lots of notes and wonder who was watching through
              the glass!!
              The aid seems very good but it looks like its just another aid! Might
              help some but not others. They were trying to gauge our feelings
              towards the publicity cos we are the ones that they want to be
              attracted to purchase this new hearing aid! Said it will be out in the
              next few months.

              Well as I said you certainly have to earn that money!!

              Christine

              On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 10:54 am, mazza1961 wrote:

              > Hi Christine,
              >
              > Erm sorry the wine disappeared lol, thought there was some red stuff
              > left and lager.� Our group was the opposite to you and said that the
              > ads are aimed too much towards the older generation.� Most of our
              > group wanted high quality aids with good funky designs as well.�
              > Also they wanted more honest description in the ads and find most
              > ads misleading and promising too much.� Also all the photos they
              > showed us that was in the literature, I dont think not even one
              > person had an aid on.� I noticed most of your group were older
              > people whilst our group was younger ones (think I was the eldest
              > lol).
              >
              > Mazza
              >
              > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., Christine Davis
              > <jez6@b...> wrote:
              > > Wine???? I didnt see any wine!! The sandwiches were nice but noone
              > > wanted to eat them cept us two!! the drinks were water coke and
              > orange
              > > only.
              > >
              > > Neil and I were the only born deaf in our group the rest were
              > deafened
              > > in later years. We tended to see the publicity in a different
              > light
              > > than the others. they were saying that they wanted to see older
              > people
              > > in the pics. It really showed up in the group.
              > >
              > > Im going to buy myself a computer book with my dough!!!!!!
              > >
              > > For gatherings!! Thursday and Monday are not good for me. I go to
              > > college them nights - thats if i get the work in thats due!!
              > >
              > > Bye
              > >
              > > Christine
              > >

              > > On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 08:52� am, mazza1961 wrote:
              > >
              > > > Yeah thats right about the marketing.� The price question was
              > just a
              > > > personal query from me at the end, just to see if they would
              > tell us
              > > > how much it is.�
              > > > Not enough food Saff.� Was there enough Wine for you lol ;)
              > > >
              > > > Mazza
              > > >
              > > > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "Saffron" <bel@p...>
              > > > they
              > digital
              > > > make
              > > > actually
              > always
              > place
              > LOL!

              > > <image.tiff>
              > > >

              > > <image.tiff>
              > > >
              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > > >
              > > > � ����� To visit your group on the web, go to:
              > > > �
              > > > � ����� To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              > > > �
              > > > � ����� Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              > Service.

              <image.tiff>

              <image.tiff>