Re: RNID/SEE HEAR

  • Mellow Meldrew
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2006
      It's an important point, if you live in areas like Wales e.g, or
      Scotland where the nearest club/contact or representative is many
      miles away, then the net can be an vital means to maintain contacts
      and get advice from people with the same issues. When I lived in a
      village, there was no peer with the same issue, it was very isolating,
      there are those with mobility problems too who find the net a lifeline
      when they're on their own. The RNID has given it no consequence or
      thought, if they are devoting time to sign language users (The latest
      claim we have seen put out), it would be barely acceptable, I would
      still ask why the rest have been dumped.

      The RNID have forgotten WHO they actually serve. They are just a
      business with a captive client. Though that's not entirely correct, a
      business would be in deep doo doo if it treated their customers the
      same way, are charities flouting the law with impunity as a result ? I
      think some defintely are. SOUND ADVANTAGE is a straightforward mail
      order business, who lets face it, are 4 times more expensive than
      anyone else, and unable to justify those prices. There shoul dbe some
      real conflict between that, and 'charitable status' too ! What is it,
      a tax dodge ?

      MM

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "ian_game" <ian.game@t...>