Re: Debate for HOH people..... YOUR IDENTITY??

  • Mellow Meldrew
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
      My 'Identity' has never been any different, nor have I any real
      desire to seek another one ! I've been hearing, I''m deaf so ? the
      person counts nothing else, If I disagree it's mainly because the
      identity-seekers, seek (!), to suggest individuality is immaterial,
      and only how you collectively communicate is important. To me, if
      you can make yourself understood that's all there is, or should be,
      to it. May I suggest, that seeking an identity is rooted more in an
      ability to accept yourself as you are, than a way of overcoming a
      profound hearing loss (Or anything else). MM@s counselling service
      will be online soon (All cards welcome :) )

      MM

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "elaine" <cello_ace@h...>