Re: Socials for HoH.

  • Saffron
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi Pink,

      Sounds like we're in the same area. I'm in North Essex. I didn't know
      they had lipreading classes in Bishop's Stortford. I'd be interested
      to know about that, as I write a newletter for a local Hearing Help
      charity and advertise the lipreading classes in the region.

      We're all different and it's important not to be rushed, but if
      you're anything like me, you will find that once you tell people
      openly about your hearing loss, you will feel much more relaxed and
      happier. I can understand it's not easy to take that first step
      though. I'm really glad you joined this group though!

      Saffron

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "pinktashasun"

      <saffron68@g...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Pink (is that how you would like to be called, sorry not
      > sure...?),
      > >
      > > Welcome to HoHUK! I do advice lipreading classes too. There is no
      > > magic recipe for lipreading and it's impossible to lipread
      > > everything, but I've found the classes very useful myself.
      > >
      > > As Mazza suggested, you are very welcome to come to our monthly
      > > socials in London. Next one is on 17th July. You will meet many
      > > people there on the same boat as yourself. I have a severe to
      > > profound hearing loss, which I lost very gradually from
      childhood,
      > > but it was only as an adult that it really became a problem.
      Until
      > > started meeting up with other hard of hearing, deaf and deafened
      > > people, I found it quite difficult to come to terms with my
      > deafness,
      > > so hopefully meeting up with others will help you too. Also, this
      > > group helped a lot too, although it is quieter now than it used
      > > be, but there are many members here who understand what you're
      > going
      > > through. Please feel free to ask questions and start topics of
      > > discussions in here.
      > >
      > > All the best,
      > >
      > > Saffron
      > >
      > > PS: If you're interested in coming to the London socials, please
      > > email me: azafran69[{at}]yahoo.co.uk (remove the brackets and
      > > replace by @)
      > >
      > > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "pinktashasun"
      > > <pinktashasun@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Mazza
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for your greeting. I would be interested in coming next
      > > time
      > > > you meet up. Do many people go or does it vary month to month?
      > > > I am going to the Festival in London in Sept. Have you been
      > before?

    • pinktashasun
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 11, 2006
        Hi Darren
        I'm not sure. I went there because my hearing therapist is
        chairperson of Hearing Concern and she invited me. Do you get their
        magazine? I have and it has got some good information in it. There
        is a festival in sept which should be good in London with lots of
        different things going on, even a pilates teacher!

        Pink

        --- In hardofhearinguk@..., darren thorman
        <blazinghotfire@y...> wrote:

        > hello
        > so does that mean we can drop into hearing concern? its right up
        my road

        > pinktashasun <pinktashasun@y...> wrote:
        > My oldest daughter finds my youngest hard to understand
        sometimes too!
        > I had a good day today, I went to hearing concern in Grays Inn
        Road