Re: Happy New Year

  • ian_game
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi all,

      Happy new to all from me as well.

      While I am here, I would like to ask for opinions on mobile phones
      that are easy to use for texting please.

      At the moment, I have a very old Seimens which has a duff battery (I
      have already replaced it once so maybe I should look for a new
      phone).I also have a Sony/Ericsson about 4 years old. Not too bad for
      texting but are the newer ones better?

      Thanks

      Ian

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "mazza_1961" <mazza21@...>
      wrote:

      > Happy New Year everyone
      >
      > Mazza

    • Saffron
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
        Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for your wishes Mazza and Ian.

        May 2007 be a good year for everyone here. Health, success and
        prosperity to you all!

        Regarding mobile phones, mine is on its last leg too and will need to
        buy one in the next 10 days or so. I hope to get some special offer
        in the sales, but like Ian, I'm not too sure what to buy and I want
        one that is really good for texting (not interested in contracts,
        etc, just advice on the actual phone).

        Many thanks!

        Saffron

        --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "ian_game" <ian.game@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > Happy new to all from me as well.
        >
        > While I am here, I would like to ask for opinions on mobile phones
        > that are easy to use for texting please.
        >
        > At the moment, I have a very old Seimens which has a duff battery (I
        > have already replaced it once so maybe I should look for a new
        > phone).I also have a Sony/Ericsson about 4 years old. Not too bad
        for
        > texting but are the newer ones better?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ian
        >
        > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "mazza_1961" <mazza21@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Happy New Year everyone
        > >
        > > Mazza

      • jezjezuk
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
          Iv got a blackberry 7100 from ebay. Its got a qwerty keyboard and is bluetooth
          enabled,Stores loads of text messages. Its robust and when locked never turns on
          accidently. I can have emails on there too - I had an email enabled blackberry when I was
          working at one place!! I paid £67 for it including postage and it was unlocked when I got
          it!!! The only thing it hasnt got is a camera!

          --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "ian_game" <ian.game@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > Happy new to all from me as well.
          >
          > While I am here, I would like to ask for opinions on mobile phones
          > that are easy to use for texting please.
          >
          > At the moment, I have a very old Seimens which has a duff battery (I
          > have already replaced it once so maybe I should look for a new
          > phone).I also have a Sony/Ericsson about 4 years old. Not too bad for
          > texting but are the newer ones better?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Ian
          >
          > --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "mazza_1961" <mazza21@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Happy New Year everyone
          > >
          > > Mazza

        • ian_game
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 6, 2007
            Hi Christine,

            Happy new year to you and thanks for that info.

            I was myself looking at the Blackberry option as a deaf colleague at
            work uses one and said it was good. He did suggest Access To Work to
            pay the fees, don't know if this is a realistic option though. May I
            ask how you connect? IE is it a PAYG of contract?

            Thanks

            Ian

            --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "jezjezuk" <c.davis@...> wrote:

            > Iv got a blackberry 7100 from ebay. Its got a qwerty keyboard and is
          • mazza_1961
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2007
              Happy New year to all members.

              Been very quiet here lately. Guess you're all having fun you lucky
              things lol.

              Mazza
            • jezjezuk
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 31, 2007
                Happy New Year folks - some of you will be celebrating with me
                tonight!! Roll on 2008 - Hope you get everything you wish for!!

                PS 2007 has been a fantastic year for me!!
              • Olukayode Ajala
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 31, 2007
                  hi

                  may 08 be brilliant to all of us