Freeview & subtitles

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
      We've had freeview with subtitles for a few years now. Recently there
      was an upgrade installed automatically through the freeview & my
      teenage son informed us, that we must not switch the freeview box OFF!
      It must be left on standby. Unfortunately, someone forgot & the
      freeview box was switched off. We had to re-install the new info &
      since then haven't been able to get subtitles!! I'm very frustrated
      about this. We've tried going through '888' & other stuff. Can't get
      subtitles. Any advise anyone?!!
      Maybe we'll have to unplug the box & start again from scratch? The only
      other suggestion my husband made, was to buy another freeview box!
      Sarah x
    • andrew arthur
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
        This sounds like the Humax box?
        They recently repeated a software download. You can get it manually if you
        go in to the System controls and find the right box.

        Also don't forget that once the download and installation is completed you
        must unplug the box and then restart it from scratch.

        --
        Andy

      • mazza_1961
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008
          I dont know about freeview boxes, but I do know that with the sky
          boxes every now and then the subtitles seem disappear. And following
          advise from Steve (who is a member here) I just unplug the box, leave
          for a while and plug it in again and it always brings the subtitles
          back.
          Similar to rebooting a computer I suppose lol.

          Mazza

          --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "andrew arthur"