Hi

  • hotrobm2001
    Message 1 of 46 , Jul 1, 1939
      If anyone about to chat - I'm Hampshire - Portsmouth - well Gosport.

      Additionally - has anyone had good experience of the following :-

      I have uneven hearing loss - that is Right ear is better than Left - additionally Ski Slope loss - 6 months ago I was fitted with digis - which have difficulty coping - so have another Audiology appointment coming up. I've often wondered if BiCros would suit me better - has anyone had experience of the above ?

      Thanks,
      Rob
    • Saffron
      Message 46 of 46 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi Rob,

        Like you, I ve had difficult with digitals. I d been wearing GN Resound (Danalogic 283D) which helped, but as my hearing has got worse and my audiologist said these were quite old now, she suggested I tried new ones. I m having the same difficulty I had a few years ago, to adjust to other digitals. I tried some Siemens (cant remember what the model was) and they were horrible for me (but apparently great for other people). Now, I m trying Phonak Naida, which I feel I may be able to get used to. Already, on the phone, they re much better. In some noisy situations, I can hear speech better too, but in quiet situations, sound is really weird and I dont hear as well. With the Siemens, I thought I could never get used to programmes changing automatically and it made me feel dizzy. However, with these, the change is much smoother and although it can be confusing, I think I could get used to them.

        My own feeling, from experience of trying several digitals, is, if the sound is really horrible to start with and you re struggling to understand anything with them, it s unlikely that they are the right ones, even after a few weeks or wearing them to get used to them. If however, it sounds a bit strange but you can hear quite a lot with them, you probably should persevere to get used to them and with a bit of fine tuning, they probably will be right for you. Having said that, everyone s experiences are different.

        Good luck with finding the right ones for you.

        Saffron

        PS: The Bicros are not a model I have tried.