Hello!

  • starcatmagic
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      Hi All,

      I'm Julie and I live in the North East England. I've been hearing impaired since childhood, I've no hearing in one ear, partial in the other. I now wear a 'in the ear aid', it has changed my world, only not the prejudices of the hearing world, alas!

      I used to get by 'pretending' to be able to hear - lipreading, non-verbal ques, vibrations etc., until events conspired and I had to admit who I really was - even then, and even now, people refuse to believe I have a hearing problem, such as my work colleagues who say if I really had a problem I wouldn't have a mobile phone (it's digital and compatible with my aid - unlike the office phones!)

      I'm quite happy to be me, it's just the rest of the world that isn't happy with me. I don't know how they cope in such a noisy place!

      Julie.x
    • traceyuk21
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2012
        Hello Everyone!!

        I am currently studying BSL Level 2 i have my exams soon but Im looking for other people who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing to chat with as all my friends are hearing.

        Thanks

        Traceyuk21
      • M somwaru
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2012