Hearing Loss Association of Santa Barbara January Meeting

  • Danny Tubbs
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 3, 2011
      Posted by Danny Tubbs for HLA-Santa Barbara

      Hearing Loss Association of Santa Barbara January Meeting. (Please see our
      monthly newsletter attached).

      Hi Friends!

      Our meetings will now be held on the second Saturday of the month!

      January 8th Meeting: Please join us as some of our members lead several very
      informative discussions in our January meeting. We will start with a 10
      minute lip-reading session with Zelda Fields. Zelda is well versed on
      lip-reading skills and tips to help you improve on this very important skill
      we hard of hearing use to effectively communicate in the hearing world.

      Claudia Herzog will discuss the loop systems, which can make your hearing
      aids function as wireless assistive listening. We expect to have a loop
      system at our January meeting, so every one with a telecoil in their hearing
      aids or CI will be able to experience this fascinating technology.

      Cherie Alvarez will do a demonstration on personal FM system that utilizes
      the telecoil technology. She will also discuss various hearing devices
      available, including the neck loop, behind-the-ear headsets and regular
      headsets, and how these headsets work with devices such as FM systems, cell
      phones, iPods and CD players. You will have an opportunity to try these out.

      Hope to see you there... Make sure to show up for the meeting hungry,
      there¹s ALWAYS plenty of food!
      NOTE: This meeting will be captioned!

      January 8th
      From 11 am-1:00 pm.
      Wood Glen Hall
      3010 Foothill Road
      Santa Barbara, CA 93105

      WE¹RE ON FACEBOOK ­ Go to our page and click on the ³Like² button.
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hearing-Loss-Association-of-Santa-Barbara/1795
      22682073745?v

      You are welcome you to join our Yahoo Groups list serve:

      HLAA-SB was founded by a group of adults with hearing loss. The purpose of
      this group is to bring support and understanding to all people who live with
      a hearing loss (from mild to profound) and their family and friends.

      Hearing Loss Association of Santa Barbara
      HLA-SB

      For more info contact:
      Claudia:
      czog16@...