Lipspeaking Guided Tour - St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle

  • royalcollectioneducation
    Message 1 of 3 , 1 Apr 03:08
      Join the first ever BSL Interpreted and Lipspeaking Guided Tour of St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, on Saturday 21 May, at 13:30.

      The Chapel is the spiritual home of Britain's oldest and most senior order of chivalry, the Knights of the Garter, and the burial place of ten kings including Henry VIII.

      Tickets include:
      Guided Tour of St George's Chapel
      Entry into the State Apartments of Windsor Castle, Queen Mary's Dolls' House, and the Drawing's Gallery
      A Windsor Castle Souvenir Guide

      Tickets:
      Adults: £16.50
      Over 60s/Students: £15

      On the day, get your ticket stamped by a member of staff, and get free re-admission for a year.
      For more information, email: adultlearning@...

      www.royalcollection.org.uk

      Apologies for the clash with the NADP Conference.
    • willpull2001
      Message 2 of 3 , 5 Apr 03:06
        Hi all,

        I went on my own and enjoyed it.
        It was good I do not like going in groups.
        What I did - got the handset and ask for script - listen and read what was said and wow i was able to follow what was going on as I walked around the place at my own pace. You can stop the handset , go back check up etc ...the syetem is hard work carrying it and I beleive if they got their act together to create this inclusive design it would benefit everyone. It normally aimed at non disabled peers - daft! but there we are.
        The downside - they do not update the handset/script to what we see at exhibition - lousy and bad pratice for the moeny they wanted.Saying it cost money to keeping changing it and updating and that is balderdash!
        I would lourve them to develop a handset that has loop and so read the hadset like subtitle and listen - that is what we need not an expensive terps whatsnot and have only the day they give us. This is not equality and equity. They can even have terps in the screen doping what best for BSL users!. I know it can be done cos I have done it on my own. Staff need to stop being hookwinked by their advisor what we need. I understand for those who cannot read and write and think on their feet.
        I feedback to the system that was unaccountable and we are still seeing the dark age thinking deaf = lipspeakers/terps. This is the 21st century for god sake technology is here full blown.
        enoug said ......

        Message 3 of 3 , 5 Apr 09:49
          --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "willpull2001" <gillyandsully@...> wrote:

          Hi all,

          I went on my own and enjoyed it.
          It was good I do not like going in groups.
          What I did - got the handset and asks for script - listen and read what was said and wow I was able to follow what was going on as I walked around the place at my own pace. You can stop the handset, go back check up etc ...the system is hard work carrying it and I believe if they got their act together to create this inclusive design it would benefit everyone. It normally aimed at non disabled peers - daft! But there we are.
          The downside - they do not update the handset/script to what we see at exhibition - lousy and bad practice for the money they wanted. Saying it cost money to keeping changing it and updating and that is balderdash!
          I would lourve them to develop a handset that has loop and so read the handset like subtitle and listen - that is what we need not an expensive terps whatnots and have only the day they give us. This is not equality and equity. They can even have terps in the screen doping what best for BSL users! I know it can be done cos I have done it on my own. Staff need to stop being hoodwinked by their advisor what we need. I understand for those who cannot read and write and think on their feet.
          I feedback to the system that was unaccountable and we are still seeing the Dark Age thinking deaf = lip speakers/terps. This is the 21st century for god sake technology is here full blown.
          Enough said......