potential pub meet up in Guildford, Surrey area.

  • mazza_1961
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
      Posted on behalf of a friend from another forum.

      "I'm thinking to set up an evening pub meet, something like the Red Lion but in Guildford, Surrey

      I need to see if enough people are interested before I approach pubs to ask about hogging a quietish upstairs room once a month...
      Guildford train station is fairly central, there's also a bus station. There are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat if you don't fancy pub grub.

      So... anyone?"

      If anyone is interested reply to me with your email address so I can pass it on, so the organiser can email you details etc.

      Regards

      Mazza (not the organiser lol).
    • Olukayode Ajala
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
        what zone is Guildford in, as would suppose proximity would be a key factor, wishing this well as all other pro disability jaunts
        i dont want sound negative but its like pple are disjointed and dont know and too busy if working=therecession means you hve go extra mile to win people

        so share expose of how central london began and grew, our ealing friends could also chip kind words

        'open ears'-formerly hard of hearing fellowship .begins its yearly confrence in cheltenham. 10-12 June so xtan deafened have a chance once again among those of same kinds-offering the xtan slant of empowerment and positivism

        mr k

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
          Hope someone can come from Ealing.
          I can't.
          I am at the Deaf Education and CI Conference in Nottingham 9-10 June , 11 June is Hearing Link Conference in London.
          So it is a bit tough.
          Where and what time is the 12th?

          Lidia

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
            its in cheltnham which is bit far off, but one would expect links exist among various deaf organisations
            am bit amazed but on other hand  every one goe shis own way , events of hering shoudnt be crossing each other
            you could email the administrative secretary christine pitts  on admin@...
            mr k

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 6, 2011
              Hi Mazza,
              sorry I,m a pain haha hope alls well

              As its Volunteers week? Am at Guildhall Guildford Surrey tomorrow all day for Hearing Link feel free to say hello if your passing members!!
              M.

              --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "mazza_1961" <mazza21@...> wrote:

              > Posted on behalf of a friend from another forum.
              >

              > "I'm thinking to set up an evening pub meet, something like the Red Lion but in Guildford, Surrey
              >
              > I need to see if enough people are interested before I approach pubs to ask about hogging a quietish upstairs room once a month...
              > Guildford train station is fairly central, there's also a bus station. There are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat if you don't fancy pub grub.
              >
              > So... anyone?"
              >

              > If anyone is interested reply to me with your email address so I can pass it on, so the organiser can email you details etc.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Mazza (not the organiser lol).

            • mazza_1961
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2011
                Hi Micheal,
                Doing ok thanks and hope u are well too.
                Have passed your message onto the lady that wants to start a group in Guildford and she will try and pop in and see u sometime today at Guildhall. If not will email u.

                Good luck with your volunteers week.

                Regards

                Mazza