Re: I'm New

  • iandc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2011
      Hi Martina,
      The first thing must be to get to a doctor or audiologist ASAP and see if there is any medical condition that needs treating. It may be something simple like a big build up of wax but you need to get it checked out quickly in case medication is needed to hopefully forestall any further problems. They may then suggest a new audiogram to determine the extent, if any, of your hearing loss.
      Ian

      --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "ilovestats77" <martinahmilligan@...> wrote:

      > My name is Martina and i am 34 from British Columbia Canada, i am hard of hearing. today my hearing been the worse, i cannot hear my tv and my best friend and my ears feels full
      >
      > I am here for support

    • hohsaffron
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
        Hello Martina,

        Welcome to this group and thanks for your intro. Sounds like you have fluctuating hearing? Mine tends to go up and down (always very bad, but some days are worse still) and I do get that fullness feeling too. Do you know what causes your hearing loss?

        Incentally, I met Canadian people today in my town (in England, UK).

        Saffron

        --- In hardofhearinguk@..., "ilovestats77" <martinahmilligan@...> wrote:

        > My name is Martina and i am 34 from British Columbia Canada, i am hard of hearing. today my hearing been the worse, i cannot hear my tv and my best friend and my ears feels full
        >
        > I am here for support

      • hohsaffron
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2011
          Just re-read myself, I meant "incidentally", not "incentally", lol