Ancient antiques trade

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Did the Greeks, Romans or someone else invent the trading of
      antiques. Certainly the value put on statuary I would suggest at
      least was as ld as the Hellenistic period. Rich Romans took a liking
      to old furniture. However did earlier peoples value old objects for
      their artisitic value and others for what they could sell these
      objects for too the former group.