Stories from Roman History

  • gauiscaecilius
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      Having had a chance to read one of the stories they are very amusing
      written in the style of a fable but from the perspective of a
      historian. I would guess that they were written to present Roman
      history to children. The description of the first triumvirate and the
      conquest of Gaul is not inaccurate but very simplistic still if you
      want a young person to know the bare facts then they are probably
      quite effective being very readable.