Disaster in the Teutoburg Forest

  • Mary Harrsch
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      I'm wondering if any of you saw the "Decisive Battles" presentation on
      the Teutoburg Forest disaster over the weekend. Once again the battle
      was depicted using the "Rome Total War" game engine. I thought the
      depiction showed the track the Roman columns was following a bit too
      wide. I had always assumed the path was through the forest with the
      trees quite close. I also was surprised at the total mass of
      barbarians depicted. I always thought the barbarian force was quite a
      bit smaller than Varus' but they had the advantage of cover and
      attacking a long strung out column. That is not the impression given
      by the program.