Re: [Imperial Rome] If Rome survived ?

  • murrell91910
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 31, 2008
      OctCocceius@... wrote:
      > Ave Beatrix
      > I wholeheartedly agree with you over the wonder of Ephesus. However, you
      > refer to the amphitheatre still being in use. In actual fact, this is not an
      > amphitheatre but the Great Theatre where St. Paul came within an inch of
      > his life for preaching the monotheistic religion of Christianity...

      I stand corrected. When I was there, that night, the late great
      concert pianist--Artur Rubenstein--was to give a concert. Much
      later, I saw a TV concert, featuring Sting, from that same theatre
      where I knew that St. Paul preached. Like many tourists I went up
      to the top tier of this Great Theatre and was utterly amazed that
      I could actually hear words of those down at the stage level.
      Marvelous acoustics!

      I appreciate other comments re my question. Where I live, I see
      "Rome" just about everywhere--just 21st century instead of 1st
      century. :)

      Respectfully,
      --Beatrix
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 1, 2008
        I got this story from one of the guidesabout the Sting Concert. The
        Sting concert was somewhat a disaster for the theatre. afterwards it
        was discovered that it had settled several inches due to the
        amplification. Sting was apparently horrified and paid for everything
        needed to limit the damage.
        --- In imperialrome2@..., "murrell91910" <stoa@...>