Shakespeare info from BBC.co.uk

  • marflair
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      I found this info on the Shakespeare drama series that is going to be
      put on later this year on BBC. Sharon Small is going to appear in "A
      midsummer night's dream".

      Peter Bowker (Blackpool, Flesh and Blood, Canterbury Tales: The
      Miller's Tale) takes on A Midsummer Night's Dream. Set during a
      weekend in a holiday park, it will be directed by Ed Fraiman
      (Murphy's Law).

      Imelda Staunton will star as Polly and Bill Paterson as Theo. They're
      joined by an impressive cast list including Zoe Tapper (Twenty
      Thousand Streets Under the Sky), William Ash (Burn It), Rupert Evans
      (Fingersmith), Sharon Small (The Inspector Lynley Mysteries) and
      Johnny Vegas (Tipping the Velvet).

      The Taming of the Shrew

      Sally Wainwright (Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath, Sparkhouse)
      brings The Taming of the Shrew into the 21st century.

      Directed by David Richards (Conviction), Shirley Henderson (Charles
      II The Power and The Passion) will play Kate opposite Rufus Sewell's
      Petruchio in this tale. Vitriolic, aggressive and shrewd, Kate is an
      opposition MP who is instructed to find herself a husband to make her
      more electable.

      Twiggy Lawson, Stephen Tompkinson, David Mitchell and Jaime Murray
      (Hustle) also star in this romantic comedy which explores the
      complexities of relationships against a backdrop of glamorous London
      circles and politics.

      Much Ado About Nothing

      David Nicholls (Cold Feet, Rescue Me) re-works Much Ado About
      Nothing, directed by Brian Percival (North and South).

      Sarah Parish will play Beatrice, presenter of a popular early evening
      regional news show whose ex-lover and arch enemy Benedick, played by
      Damian Lewis, is hired as her co-anchor. Billie Piper will also star,
      as the TV weathergirl.

      Macbeth

      Peter Moffat (Cambridge Spies, Hawking) tackles Macbeth, directed by
      Mark Brozel (Holy Cross).

      Peter Moffat's Macbeth is transposed to the enclosed and heated world
      of a top restaurant kitchen and will star James McAvoy (State of
      Play) as Joe Macbeth and Keeley Hawes as Ella Macbeth.

      Further information on BBC Shakespeare programming in 2005 available
      soon.

      Sixty Second Shakespeare
      /drama/shakespeare/sixtysecondshakespeare/index.shtml

      /drama/shakespeare/sixtysecondshakespeare/index.shtmlCalling teachers
      and their students!
      Is your school ready for the sixty second film challenge?

      Find out more »

      Shakespeare Schools Festival:
      One Night of Shakespeare
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/shakespeare/index.shtml

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/shakespeare/index.shtmlBe one of 400
      schools who will perform Shakespeare across the UK on the same night.
      Find out more »
    • Myrthe
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2005
        --- In inspectorlynley@..., "marflair" <marflair@y...>
        wrote:

        > I found this info on the Shakespeare drama series that is going to
        be
        > put on later this year on BBC. Sharon Small is going to appear
        in "A
        > midsummer night's dream".
        >
        > Peter Bowker (Blackpool, Flesh and Blood, Canterbury Tales: The
        > Miller's Tale) takes on A Midsummer Night's Dream. Set during a
        > weekend in a holiday park, it will be directed by Ed Fraiman
        > (Murphy's Law).
        >
        > Imelda Staunton will star as Polly and Bill Paterson as Theo.
        They're
        > joined by an impressive cast list including Zoe Tapper (Twenty
        > Thousand Streets Under the Sky), William Ash (Burn It), Rupert
        Evans
        > (Fingersmith), Sharon Small (The Inspector Lynley Mysteries) and
        > Johnny Vegas (Tipping the Velvet).
        >

        > The Taming of the Shrew
        >

        > Sally Wainwright (Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath, Sparkhouse)
        > brings The Taming of the Shrew into the 21st century.
        >
        > Directed by David Richards (Conviction), Shirley Henderson
        (Charles
        > II The Power and The Passion) will play Kate opposite Rufus
        Sewell's
        > Petruchio in this tale. Vitriolic, aggressive and shrewd, Kate is
        an
        > opposition MP who is instructed to find herself a husband to make
        her
        > more electable.
        >
        > Twiggy Lawson, Stephen Tompkinson, David Mitchell and Jaime Murray
        > (Hustle) also star in this romantic comedy which explores the
        > complexities of relationships against a backdrop of glamorous
        London
        > circles and politics.
        >

        > Much Ado About Nothing
        >

        > David Nicholls (Cold Feet, Rescue Me) re-works Much Ado About
        > Nothing, directed by Brian Percival (North and South).
        >
        > Sarah Parish will play Beatrice, presenter of a popular early
        evening
        > regional news show whose ex-lover and arch enemy Benedick, played
        by
        > Damian Lewis, is hired as her co-anchor. Billie Piper will also
        star,
        > as the TV weathergirl.
        >
        > Macbeth
        >

        > Peter Moffat (Cambridge Spies, Hawking) tackles Macbeth, directed
        by
        > Mark Brozel (Holy Cross).
        >
        > Peter Moffat's Macbeth is transposed to the enclosed and heated
        world
        > of a top restaurant kitchen and will star James McAvoy (State of
        > Play) as Joe Macbeth and Keeley Hawes as Ella Macbeth.

        I'm really looking forward to this, it's sounds like it's going to
        be really nice! All adaptions have a great cast so it must be
        good.....21st century Shakespear! *grinns*

        Myrthe